News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has The Middleman moving to the third hour of primetime, HBO has a Section 60: Arlington National Cemetery special, and VH1 has a 46664: A Concert for Nelson Mandela special.
Last Day to Enter – Weeds Season 3 DVD Giveaway. One of three sets could be just a comment away.
In interview news, the first, James Roday, of eight interviews from my recent visit to the set of Psych is up. Also, hope to have a Kyra Sedgwick interview up later today.
In upcoming interview news, will be on a conference call tomorrow with Robert Picardo and executive producer Joseph Mallozzi of Stargate Atlantis, so if you have any questions about the upcoming season, you can leave them in the comments or use the contact form and I will try to get them answered.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Sheldon gets sick and the gang deserts him, leaving Penny to take care of him, in “The Pancake Batter Anomaly.”
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. Barney ruins Marshall’s bachelor party, in “Bachelor Party” from season two.
House (FOX): Repeat. Cameron and Chase are betting on who will be next to go, while the candidates and Foreman seem to be learning more about themselves than the patient, in “Mirror Mirror” from this past season.
CSI: Miami (CBS): Repeat. A husband’s mistress ends up dead during a nasty divorce, in “Just Murdered” from season five.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. Brennan and Booth are investigating bodies that have been found at Halloween attractions, in “Mummy in the Maze” from this past season.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. Charlie becomes a children’s singing star, in “Is There a Mrs. Waffles?” from this past season. Some of the songs are actually very funny.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Repeat. Jeff is heading out with the guys and Audrey is afraid that he will embarrass himself, in “Old School” from this past season.
The Mole (ABC): New. This or the last hour of Nashville Star on NBC is still a toss-up, as to what is the second best choice for this hour of primetime.
Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Leaving the Tribe,” replays. Plays again Saturday late night and Sunday right before the next new episode.
Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Marc Summers visits the “Cereal Isle” and then in a repeat he checks out some treats that are “Sweet as Sugar.” Both episodes play again later.
Weeds (Showtime): New. Nancy makes her first successful run across the border. Celia gets a deal. Plays again later. Don’t forget to enter our Weeds Season 3 DVD giveaway, as today is the last day to do so.
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime): New. Belle has been booked for the entire night and picks up a little action on the side. Plays again later. This was a pretty boring episode. Other than a couple of quick calls to her friend, there wasn’t anything about Hannah’s life. Showing her dealing with her duel life seems more interesting to me than just pretty much the client of the week.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out places that have been kept “In the Family.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. Dan invites Serena and her family to Thanksgiving dinner, not knowing about his dad’s and her mom’s past, in “Blair Waldorf Must Pie!”
- The Middleman (ABC Family): New. The show moves from the first hour to the third hour of primetime, which seems like kind of an odd timeslot for such a show. Tonight, it’s up to Wendy to save the day when the Middleman and Sensei Ping are under attack by a gang of Lucha Libre wrestlers. Plays again later.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): Repeat. Everyone is at Tric and lots of stuff goes down, in “In da Club” from this past season.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball with the New York Mets at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- ESPN2 has early round coverage of the Round of 16 from Wimbledon early and later has two Arena Football Wild Card Games.
- The Bill Engvall Show (TBS): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “No Gifts, Please,” replays.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County tonight. Can you believe they are spinning off this show again to Atlanta?
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Living Single.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ’90s.