News & Notes
Tonight, FOX has the 20th season finale of Cops and NBC has a Saturday Night Main Event special.
Over on cable, BBC America has the second season finale of Robin Hood, FOX Reality has the series premiere of Long Way Down, Hallmark has the TV movie premiere of Murder 101: The Locked Room Mystery, and Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal.
The Office (NBC): Repeats. Michael falls for a woman in a catalogue in “Chair Model” and then he heads to New York with Dwight to surprise Ryan in “Night Out.” Both episodes are from this past season.
Flashpoint (CBS): Repeat. This past Thursday’s episode, “Ask for Flowers,” replays. The team ends up dealing with a domestic dispute between a cop and his sister-in-law.
Eli Stone (ABC): Repeat. Eli has to go before the state bar after he does a song and dance in open court, in “Something to Save.”
The Unit (CBS): Repeat. A dangerous mission to North Korea may be in jeopardy when a spy overhears Kim Brown talking about something that refers to it, in “Sub Conscious” from season two.
Saturday Night Main Event (NBC): New. Have no idea what this is, but it has to be better than the other possible second tier choices for the second hour of primetime tonight.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. During a stunt, a celebrity illusionist goes missing, in “Vanishing Acts” from this season.
Robin Hood (BBC America): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “A Good Day to Die,” replays. The previous two episodes also replay before this episode. This episode plays again later.
Robin Hood (BBC America): Season Finale. Robin gets treated as a traitor when he returns to the Holy Land to tell the King about the Sheriff’s plans. Plays again later.
Saturday Night Live (E!): Repeat. Lyndsay Lohan hosted with musical guest Usher. Plays again later.
- Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal (NBC): TV Movie Premiere. Based on the true story of a young teacher that stood up to a group of pretty cheerleaders that got away with what ever they wanted. Runs two hours. Plays again tomorrow and Monday nights.
- Trading Spaces (TLC): New. It’s “Paige’s Perfect 10: Ep.4.” Plays again later.
- ABC has X Games 14 coverage and then golf action with third round coverage of the Ricoh Women’s British Open
- ESPN has the 2008 Pro Football Hall of Fame Inductions followed by X Games 14 coverage.
- ESPN2 has NASCAR racing with the Nationwide Series: NAPA Auto Parts 200 followed by X Games 14 coverage.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- NBC has the Saturday Night Main Event, which may be sports related, but I can’t find any info on what it is.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Loyalties,” replays.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. TV show and BBC parodies.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Seth Rogen hosted with musical guest Spoon.
Bravo has six episodes of Shear Genius.
CMT has a five hour countdown of 100 Greatest Videos.
Hallmark Channel has four Murder 101 TV movies including the premiere of a new one tonight called “The Locked Door Mystery.”
Sci Fi has eight two-hour TV movies that involve dinosaurs or dragons.