News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the second season finale of Hopkins, FOX has the two-hour fourth season finale of So You Think You Can Dance and NBC has the 90-minute sixth season finale of Last Comic Standing and a 90-minute episode of America’s Got Talent, which is the last before it takes a break for the Olympics.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has the second season premiere of Some Assembly Required and TBS has the season finales of The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys.
Last Comic Standing (NBC): Season Finale. Find out who will be the last comic standing. Also, Jon Lovitz and last year’s winner, John Reep, perform. Runs 90 minutes.
Flashpoint (CBS): New. The team is dealing with a bank robbery that turns into a standoff with hostages. Sgt. Parker attempts to talk the robber out, but finds out later that they are working of a bad profile of the suspect.
Smallville (The CW): Repeat. Kare wants to teach Clark how to fly to help him defeat Braniac, in “Veritas” from this past season.
America’s Got Talent (NBC): New. A cattle herder seems different after being lost for days in the woods. It plays after the Last Comic Standing finale and runs 90 minutes.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton makes some chiffon cake. Plays again later.
Food Detectives (Food Network): Repeat. Replay of the episode from earlier this week, “Double Dippers.” Plays again later.
The Bill Engvall Show (TBS): Season Finale. Two new episodes play tonight. In the first, Paul asks Bill’s boy to watch his pet iguana and Lauren gets a job. In the second, Bill makes Lauren return an expensive prom dress and Susan gets unhappy. Plays again later.
Burn Notice (USA): New. A former wheelman that is being pressured into being the driver for a jewel heist hires Michael. Plays again later. The first four episodes of this season replay earlier in the day.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. A cake for the premiere of Kung Fu Panda is made. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- The Gong Show with Dave Attell (Comedy Central): New. Andy Dick (Less Than Perfect) is one of the judges. Plays again later.
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. Part 2 of the “Crash Into Me” episode replays, where they are dealing with the ambulance crash at the hospital.
- Iron Chef America (TBS): Repeat. Sunday’s new episode, “Morimoto vs. Ophaso,” replays. Plays again later.
- My Boys (TBS): New. It is Bobby’s wedding day and things continue down the wrong path. Plays again later. Watch clips from tonight’s episode.
- So You Think You Can Dance (FOX): Season Fianle. Find out who was right about thinking they could dance. Runs two hours.
- ESPN has a NFL preseason football game.
- TNT has first round coverage of the PGA Championship.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. The episode from two weeks ago, Good Cop, Dead Cop,” replays.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Legacy,” replays.
Bravo has seven episodes of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List.
History Channel has 14 hours of Modern Marvels episodes.
Oxygen has nine episodes of The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Stargate SG-1 early.