News & Notes
Wednesday nights for me this summer have consisted of catching up with stuff I’ve recorded the last few days, like The Closer, Eureka, etc. Does anyone else use Wednesday nights to clean off the DVR of stuff they’ve recorded recently?
Bones (FOX): Repeat. Booth and Brennan investigate the death of a woman who was run off the road, while they also try to care for the baby that was found still alive after the crash, in “The Baby in the Bough” from this past season.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX): Repeat. John gets separated from Sarah and Cameron while trying to find some stolen cargo, which leads John to find out just how dangerous the future may be, in “Heavy Metal.”
CSI: NY (CBS): Repeat. The team gets an anonymous tip that takes them to a warehouse, but what they find is unexpected, in “DOA for a Day” from this past season.
Summer Olympics 2008 (NBC): Day 6. Tonight’s events include gymnastics, swimming, beach volleyball, diving, and cycling. Coverage runs five hours.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton gives you some ideas for using strawberries and then bananas. Both episodes play again later.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. The guys get viral with videos from the Internet. Plays again later.
Scare Tactics (Sci Fi): Summer Season Finale. Two new episodes play tonight. The first is “Frankenstein’s Basement of Terror” and the second is “Limo in Area 51.”
- Criminal Minds (CBS): Repeat. The team goes up against a serial killer that has killed more than 100 people over the last 30 years, in the finale of season two, “No Way Out.”
- Lewis Black’s Root of All Evil (Comedy Central): New. Which is worse, the NRA or PETA? Plays again later.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in an “Ice Pops” battle. A repeat episode about “Ice Cream” follows. Both episode play again later.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): Repeats. Four episodes replay tonight.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball with the Texas Rangers at the Boston Red Sox. Last night’s game had 36 runs scored, so this one will probably be a snoozer.
- ESPN2 has Wednesday Night Fights with a light welterweight bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
- NBC along with other various NBC Universal owned cable outlets will have Olympic coverage. Checkout NBCOlympics.com for listings of what events are playing when and where over the next 12 days.
Bravo has five episodes of Project Runway tonight.
Oxygen has nine episodes of The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.
Sci Fi has the first eight episodes of Jericho early.