News & Notes
Legally Blonde (ABC): Released 2001. Reese Witherspoon plays a sorority girl that gets into Harvard to show her former boyfriend that she is more than just a pretty face. Runs two hours.
Swingtown (CBS): New. A couple of the couples head out for some line dancing. Janet starts working as a temp at the newspaper.
Summer Olympics 2008 (NBC): Day 8. Tonight’s events include the men’s 100m butterfly, 50m freestyle, women’s 200m backstroke, and 800m freestyle swimming finals, day 1 of the heptathlon and the shot put final track & field events, and USA vs. China in men’s beach volleyball. Coverage runs four hours.
Joan of Arcadia (Sci Fi): Repeat. When Joan pulls out some old painting by her mother for a garage sale, it brings up a painful time in her mother’s past that she has to deal with.
Monk (USA): New. Monk is onboard a submarine checking out a possible murder when the sub goes under and he and Natalie are trapped onboard. Play again tomorrow afternoon.
Psych (USA): New. One of the larger criminals Henry put away back in the day gets released on a technicality. Shawn and Gus revisit the 70s to figure out how to put him back in the slammer. Play again tomorrow afternoon.
- The Cleaner (A&E): Repeat. The “Rag Dolls” episode replays. Plays again later.
- Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. During a drug bust, Don happens upon another possibly larger problem when he follows his instincts, in “Black Swan” from this past season.
- Stargate Altantis (Sci Fi): New. Atlantis’ computer system is being messed with by a mysterious entity. “The Daedalus Variations” episode replays right before. Click up the Sci Fi Player on the video players page to see a clip from tonight’s episode.
- ESPN has Little League World Series action.
- ESPN2 has Little League World Series action and later Friday Night Fights.
- NBC along with other various NBC Universal owned cable outlets will have Olympic coverage. Checkout NBCOlympics.com for listings of what events are playing when and where over the next 10 days.
Bravo has five episodes of Project Runway.
History Channel has five episodes of Battle 360 early and then they replay again later.
MTV has nine episodes of So You Think You Can Dance.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The Sentinel early. I remember liking this show. It starred Richard Burgi (Desperate Housewives) as a police detective that has heightened senses and the anthropology professor that helps him try and get a handle on them.
USA has six episodes of Monk.
VH1 has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.