News & Notes
On cable tonight, A&E has the second season finale of The Two Coreys, BBC America has the two-hour series premiere of Skins, Comedy Central has a Comedy Central Roast of Bob Saget special, G4 has the second season finale of Code Monkeys, Lifetime Movie Network has the TV movie premiere of Little Girl Lost: The Delimar Vera Story, Oxygen has the sixth season finale of Snapped, Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of Black Swarm, Spike has the miniseries premiere of Kung Fu Killer, and USA has the first season finale of In Plain Sight.
I will be on a special Sunday edition of TV Talk with Shaun OMac today. You can listen live at 3:00 p.m. PT. I will be on about 3:20 p.m. PT. I will also post the player here when it becomes available. Or, you can download the show later at iTunes.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Marge is reminiscing about her college years, in “That ’90s Show” from this past season.
Aliens in America (The CW): Repeat. Raja starts smoking and it gets others smoking again and then they all have to try and quit, in “Purple Heart.”
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX): Repeat. Sarah is still worried about the capabilities of Andy’s computer and Agent Ellison finds some evidence where a Terminator fight took place, in “Queen’s Gambit.”
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. Bree and Katherine may be starting a business together and Mike finds out the truth behind his accident, in “Hello, Little Girl” from this past season.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): Repeat. A family in New Hampshire that lost their house in a flood gets a new one from the team.
Million Dollar Password (CBS): Repeat. Steve Schirripa (The Sopranos) was one of the celebrity participants.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The team enters the world of cheerleading when a case gets reopened after new direction is found as part of an art exhibit, in “A Dollar, a Dream” from season four.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. It’s an “Ice Cream Clash.” Four chefs compete to make the best ice cream. Plays again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. It’s a special “Brain Freeze Battle” between Iron Chef Bobby Flay and chef Jose Garces. Plays again later.
Mad Men (AMC): New. Peggy’s family is hosting a lunch for the new priest at church. Don and Betty have a nice weekend. Plays twice and again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. It’s all about “Mothers & Wives” tonight. Last week’s episode, “Duplicity,” replays right before. Both episodes play again later.
- Generation Kill (HBO): New. Part six of seven. First Recon is trying to help civilians that are fleeing Baghdad. Runs 75 minutes. Plays again later.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. Logan is reopening a 16 year old case and it turns into his last. Chris Noth leaves the Law & Order franchise for the second time tonight. Plays again tomorrow morning after Olympic coverage.
- Little Girl Lost: The Delimar Vera Story (Lifetime Movie Network): TV Movie Premiere. Read a synopsis and my short review. Plays again later.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Season Finale. I smell a cliffhanger coming, as Mary has to figure out how to save her sister and herself from the FBI hot to get someone for the death of two of their agents. Stan and Marshall try and get Spanky to talk about who was really behind the drugs. Plays again tomorrow morning after Olympic coverage. USA has picked the show up for a second season.
- Skins (BBC America): Series Premiere. Watch a couple videos and read more about the show. Plays again later.
- ABC has Little League World Series action.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: 3M Performance 400 and later Sunday Night Baseball with the Philadelphia Phillies at the San Diego Padres.
- ESPN2 has Little League World Series action.
- NBC along with other various NBC Universal owned cable outlets will have Olympic coverage. Checkout NBCOlympics.com for listings of what events are playing when and where over the next eight days.
- NFL Network has preseason football action with the New England Patriots at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- TBS has MLB action with the Milwaukee Brewers at the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Episode four “Cancer Man” replays. Episode five plays next week.
Discovery Channel has 11 episodes of MythBusters.
MTV has five episode of Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew followed by 11 hours of The Hills programming.
Oxygen has 26 episodes of Snapped.
TLC has seven episodes of What Not to Wear.
USA has 10 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent including tonight’s new episode.