Well, TVaholic.com turns three today. It was three years ago today that the first post went live. There has been a lot of fun had, TV shows watched and posts written over the past year, since the site’s second birthday.
Some Happenings From the Last Year at TVaholic
- The consecutive daily posting streak of Tonight on the Tube now stands at 606, as of this morning.
- The CW became the first of the broadcast networks to send TVaholic a screener. It was for Farmer Wants a Wife, but since then Gossip Girl, Privileged and other screeners for this season have arrived. Last year, Lifetime became the first cable channel to do so. If you are reading this and happen to be a publicist for a TV show or network, you can find where to send screeners and show information on the Contact Info page. We thank you in advance for your consideration. Why not join the fine folks at ABC Family, CBS, FOX, FX, Lifetime, Sci Fi, TBS, TNT, and USA.
- USA Network invited TVaholic up to Vancouver, B.C. to visit the set of Psych and interview the cast. It was a great time. It took place at the end of June 2008. There were six of us online media types that took part. We got to spend somewhere between 20 and 45 minutes with each of the main cast members, the costumer and one of the executive producers. Also, the night before met writer Tim Meltreger, who wrote next week’s episode, “Talk Derby to Me,” which was the episode they were filming while we were there. Read interviews with James Roday and Kirsten Nelson.
- Kept the Printable Primetime TV Schedules updated for Winter, Spring, Summer and now back to Fall again. It all fits on one page, in daily grid format. So, you can find out which shows play on which nights, when they premiere and what they are up against in each hour of primetime. Want one? All you need to do is signup via email to receive free daily updates from TVaholic. You’ll find a link marked Free Subscriber Downloads at the bottom of each article. Or, for those who prefer RSS, you can grab the feed.
- Added a Printable Primetime Cable TV Schedule to the list for the summer and a fall version is in the works.
- Have been a guest on TV Talk with Shaun OMac a few times. It’s always a fun time, as I don’t get the opportunity to talk about TV that often. While I watch a lot of TV, not a lot of my friends do, so that limits the talking about it. In the most recent one, we got on the subject of product placement in TV shows.
- Was able to participate in conference call interviews with Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer) and Holly Hunter (Saving Grace) along with many others.
Some TVaholic Site Stats
Total Posts: 1589 including this one (597 over this past year)
Total Comments: 999 (825 over this past year)
Total RSS Subscribers: 1233 (1020 added this past year)
Three Most Viewed Posts:
- Mmmm, Donut Cakes & More in the Latest Food Network Challenge – Who doesn’t like donuts?
- Where is Men in Trees filmed? And, Has it Been Cancelled? Plus More TV Questions Answered – This one makes the list at number two again. Still think ABC made a bad decision to cancel Men in Trees.
- Who plays Karen on The Office on NBC? And More TV Show Inquiries – This was posted almost two years ago and it still gets viewed, like almost 700 times this month already.
The TVaholic’s Favorite Posts:
- ‘Twas the Week Before Christmas – 2007
- One Reason Why New Amsterdam and Other Good Shows Get Cancelled
Goals for the Coming Year at TVaholic
- Continue to Grow the Subscriber Base – Saw great growth last year and would hope to at least add twice as many this year as last.
- Comment More on Others Sites/Grow Comments Here – This was on here the last two years as well. I did a lot better at times commenting on things out in the blogosphere, yet still don’t do it often enough. As for comments here on TVaholic, there were about four times more than the last year.
- Continue to Use Tools Like Twitter – Do you Twitter? If you do, you can follow @theTVaholic.
- Conduct and Post More Interviews – Definitely did more conference call interviews this year than last, but didn’t do any individual interviews. But, am about to remedy that today when I talk to Spike Feresten one-on-one about FOX’s Talkshow with Spike Feresten.
As always, here’s to an even bigger and better fourth year!