News & Notes
Over on cable, Comedy Central has a Brian Regan: The Epitome of Hyperbole comedy special, FOX Reality has the first season finale of Long Way Down, and WE has the series premier of The Locator and the third season premiere of John Edward Cross Country.
Enter our Greek giveaway for a chance at a prize pack that includes a DVD set, t-shirt, Frisbee and drink cozy.
Chuck (NBC): Repeat. Rachel Bilson (The O.C.) guest stars as a pretty sandwich shop owner that Chuck meets. Meanwhile, Chuck and Sarah double date with Ellie and Captain Awesome, in “Chuck Versus the Truth.”
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. A woman that used to know Captain Ross has her husband go missing and Goren and Eames are asked to investigate, in “Betrayed” from this past season on USA.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. Someone that Det. Logan knew gets shot and he and Det. Wheeler investigate, in “Ten Count” from this past season on USA.
U.S. Open Tennis (CBS): Women’s Final. It is Jelena Jankovic vs. Serena Williams. Scheduled for two hours and starts at 8:00 p.m. ET.
48 Hours Mystery (CBS): New. The letter of a woman may be the key to solving her death.
Samurai Girl (BBC America): New. Part two of three plays twice tonight. Runs two hours. Part one replays right before. All three parts play tomorrow. Based on the young adult novel series. Read our review of part one for more information.
Saturday Night Live (E!): Repeat. Drew Barrymore hosted and Kelis was the musical guest. Plays again later.
- Primeval (BBC America): New. A prehistoric winged reptile is being investigated. Plays again later. The previous episode replays right before.
- ABC has regional college football and later NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Chevy Rock & Roll 400.
- CBS has the U.S. Open Tennis men’s semifinals and then tonight the women’s final.
- ESPN has three college football games with Miami at Florida capping off the day.
- ESPN2 has four college football games.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- FOX Sports regional networks have college football all day, which includes BYU at my Washington Huskies up here in Seattle.
- NBC has college football action with San Diego State at Notre Dame.
- Versus has college football action with Texas A&M at New Mexico.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. The last new episode to play, “Mothers & Wives,” replays. Plays again tomorrow right before a new episode.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. A parody of 24 is part of the fun. The new season premieres next week with Jerry O’Connell (Crossing Jordan) of FOX’s new comedy Do Not Disturb joining in on the fun.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Talk Derby to Me,” replays. It was written by Tim Meltreger and you can read my interview with him about the episode and writing for the show.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Tina Fey (30 Rock) was the host with musical guest Carrie Underwood. The new season premieres next week with host Michael Phelps and musical guest Lil Wayne.
- The Shield (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s seventh and final season premiere episode, “Coefficient of Drag,” replays. Read review.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): Repeat. This is the episode where Jerry Seinfeld interviews Spike. The new season premieres next week. Look for my interview with Spike Feresten early next week.
BET has 10 episodes of Smart Guy.
MTV has six episodes of My Super Sweet Celebration early.
Travel Channel has 14 episodes of Cash and Treasures.
truTV has six episodes of The Investigators.
USA has 14 episodes of House from season one, starting off with the “Pilot” episode this morning.
VH1 has eight episodes of Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy.