News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the first season finale of Wipeout, CBS has the 10th season finale of Big Brother special, FOX has the fifth season premiere of House, and NBC has the sixth season premiere of The Biggest Loser.
Over on cable, ABC Family has the third season premiere of Lincoln Heights and MTV has the first season finale of From G’s to Gents.
House (FOX): Season Premiere. Absolutely a great episode, it picks up about eight weeks after the events of last season’s finale. Wilson is resigning and House is contemplating his involvement in the death of his girlfriend Amber.
Fringe (FOX): New. The newly formed team is investigating the link between a pregnancy that is advancing too quickly and a baby that aged in a matter of minutes. Really like last week’s premiere. I think it sets up an interesting overall mystery, while creating a framework that they can put together some fun strangeness of the week that needs to be investigated.
Without a Trace (NBC): Repeat. Five people go missing from the same café and in turns out they have a strange connection to each other, in last season’s finale episode “Satellites.” Season seven premieres next week.
90210 (The CW): New. Tabitha wants to be the replacement director for the school play, but things don’t go that well and Kelly gets Brenda to do it. Naomi decides to confront her dad about his other woman.
Privileged (The CW): New. Laurel invites Megan to a big society party and she is extremely happy. Lily gets into a big public argument with Megan. Really liked the first episode of this show last week. It was great. JoAnna Garcia and her character are both incredibly likeable.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. A detective gets shot in a gunfight and then proceeds to take the only witness in of a murder case hostage, in last season’s finale episode “Cold.” Season 10 premieres next week.
Lincoln Heights (ABC Family): Season Premiere. Cassie and Charles are being held hostage in their home by some thugs. Tay wants some help from Ruben on his dance moves. Plays again later after Greek and then again in late night.
Eureka (Sci Fi): New. Zoe is trying to focus on politics and the race for mayor. Meanwhile, her lab partner is trying to making another sun. Plays again later. The previous episode, “Phased and Confused,” replays right before.
The Shield (FX): New. Vic is trying to make himself invaluable to the Armenian mob. Plays again later.
- The Cleaner (A&E): New. William tries to help a woman after her family’s attempt at an intervention failed. Plays twice and again later twice.
- Greek (ABC Family): New. Kappa Tau has a mystery that Cappie doesn’t want figured out, but Rusty may be close to doing so. Plays again late night tomorrow.
- The Office (TBS): Repeats. It the “Pilot” followed to Diversity Day where Jim, Karen and Michael all go to the New York office to interview for a promotion.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Sunday’s episode, “A Night to Remember,” replays.
- Raising the Bar (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “I Will, I’m Will,” replays.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Seeds,” replays.
ABC Family has 10 episodes of Lincoln Heights, including tonight’s season premiere.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Tru Calling early.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.