News & Notes
On cable tonight, CMT has a new Crossroads special, HBO has the premiere of the Chris Rock: Kill the Messenger comedy special, and Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of The Riddles of the Sphinx.
TNT is replaying the first four episode of Raising the Bar during the day today.
Heroes (NBC): Repeats. This past Monday’s two-hour third season premiere, “The Second Coming; The Butterfly Effect,” replays.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s season 10 premiere, “Trials,” replays, with special guest star Sara Gilbert (Roseanne).
CSI: Miami (CBS): Repeat. Horatio is looking for his son after a prison break, in “Inside Out” from last season.
Criminal Minds (CBS): Repeat. The team is hunting a serial killing cannibal that causes Morgan to begin questioning his faith, in “Lucky” from last season.
48 Hours Mystery (CBS): Season Premiere. Shawn Hornbeck talks about having been held captive for four and a half years.
Desserts Unwrapped (Food Network): Repeat. See how some of your favorite meal-enders are made. Plays again later.
Primeval (BBC America): New. A Jenny Lewis that Cutter thinks perfectly replicates Claudia Brown, who recently disappeared, joins the fight. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before. Both episodes play again later.
Trading Spaces (TLC): New. Two sisters go at it while redoing two rooms. Plays again later.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): Repeats. Four episodes with Duff and the gang making some pretty cool cakes replay. All play again later.
- ABC has regional college football action and later Saturday Night College Football with Illinois (22) at Penn State (12).
- CBS has college football with Tennessee at Auburn (15).
- ESPN has three college football games with Alabama (8) at Georgia (3) capping off the day.
- ESPN2 has a college football game and then NASCAR racing Nationwide Series: Kansas Lottery 300 and then another college football game.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- FOX Sports regional networks have college football games.
- NBC has college football action with Purdue at Notre Dame.
- Versus has college football action.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Payback,” replays.
- MADtv (FOX): New. Jenny McCarthy joins in for some sketches.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): New. Anna Farris hosts with musical guest Duffy.
- The Shield (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Genocide,” replays. Runs 64 minutes.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): New. The guest this week is Kevin Farley.
ABC Family replays the three-part, six-hour Samurai Girl miniseries.
CMT has five episodes of Nanny 911.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions.
Disney Channel has 13 episodes of Wizards of Waverly Place.
MTV has seven episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike has nine hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
truTV has 18 episodes of Forensic Files.
USA has eight episodes of House.