News & Notes
Chuck (NBC): New. Tony Hale (Arrested Development) guest stars as an efficiency expert at Buy More and Chuck is having trouble explaining his behavior.
Heroes (NBC): New. Nathan and Tracy are trying to get away from Suresh. Elle is back and has a surprise for Claire. Angela wants Sylar to try and save Peter.
My Own Worst Enemy (NBC): New. Edward is sent on a trip to Mexico to get the plans for a new nuclear bomb. Tom’s wife has grown suspicious of all his travel and has hired a private investigator to look into it.
Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Jenny makes a new friend that is a bad influence, leading to a confrontation with Eleanor Waldorf. Blair is trying to seduce Chuck. Serena meets someone new.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. Charlie is attracted to an older woman in “If My Hole Could Talk” from last season. Runs 31 minutes.
Samantha Who? (ABC): New. Tony Hale (Arrested Development) guest stars as a doctor heading up a clinical trial regarding memory loss that gives Sam a pill that helps her recover some memory fragments. Stars two minutes after the half hour.
Boston Legal (CBS): New. Alan and Denny are hanging out on a dude ranch in Utah. Betty White (Golden Girls) guest stars and is being defended by Shirley.
Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton helps you create the perfect shepherd’s pie. Plays again later.
How’d That Get on My Plate? (Food Network): New. See how “Jalapeños” are picked, packaged and turned into salsa. Plays again later.
The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Episode six from this past season, “Problem Child,” replays.
Raising the Bar (TNT): New. Jerry is defending an HIV-positive guy on murder charges after he spit in the face of a cop. Plays again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Departures, Arrivals,” replays.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. “The Pork Chop Indeterminacy” from last season replays, where Sheldon’s twin sister comes for a visit and the guys fall all over themselves trying to impress her.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy finds out “What’s for Breakfast.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. The “Sandcastles in the Sand” episode from last season replays, where we get another video from Robin Sparkles.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Lucas gets an offer for the movie rights of his book. Jaime likes hanging out with Sam.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Marc Summers takes a look at a “Candy Bar Bonanza.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football action with the Indianapolis Colts at the Tennessee Titans.
- FOX has Game 5 of the MLB World Series with the Philadelphia Phillies up 3-1 over the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Versus has NHL hockey action.
- Bones (TNT): Repeat. “The Crank in the Shaft” from earlier this season replays, where an office manager is found in an elevator shaft.
Bravo has 14 episodes of The West Wing.
Sci Fi has the eight-hour, four-part Stephen King’s The Stand miniseries.