News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has a new America’s Funniest Home Videos on a special night.
Over on cable, A&E has a The First 48 special and the series premiere of Manhunters: Fugitive Task Force, Discovery Channel has a Sturgis: Live to Ride special, G4 has a X-Play Best of 2008 Awards special, Golf Channel has the season finale of Big Break X: Michigan, MTV has the third season premiere of A Shot at Love, and TNT has Leverage moving to its regular night.
In late night, Oxygen has a Oxygen’s 25iest: Bad Girls Gone Good special and TBS has the first season finale of Frank TV.
House (FOX): New. A teenager that collapsed during her school’s Christmas program is the patient the team is treating. Foreman and Thirteen move ahead in their relationship. Cuddy gets a gift she was not expecting. Runs 61 minutes.
Privileged (The CW): Repeat. The episode that played last night, “All About the Ripple Effect,” replays in its regular timeslot. Megan’s mom is back in town and Will is having trouble understanding her family problems.
Eli Stone (ABC): New. Eli and Keith are at odds over Patti’s daughter’s innocence while being prosecuted on drug charges. Maggie gives Matt some relationship advice.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. A killer is hunting Jimmy and he is the only one that can recognize the killer, in “About Face” from last season.
The Mentalist (CBS): Repeat. Episode three, “Red Tide,” replays with Jane setting a trap to catch the killer of a young girl that was found washed up on the beach.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): New. Olivia realizes that she is still thinking like a victim while investigating the case of a woman that was beaten, raped and doesn’t remember what happened to her.
Paula’s Cookie Swap (Food Network): Repeat. Viewers join Paula Deen for a cookie swap. Plays again later.
Leverage (TNT): Repeat. The series premiere episode, “The Nigerian Job,” from Sunday night replays. Plays again Saturday afternoon. Read review. Check out some photos. Listen to an interview with star Gina Bellman and director & executive producer Dean Devlin. Read an interview with star Timothy Hutton.
Leverage (TNT): New. The team takes on a security firm to help out a wounded reservist expose the truth about something that they are trying to keep quiet. Plays again later and on Saturday afternoon. This is another fun episode. See links above for more info about the series.
- Big Break X (Golf Channel): Season Finale. Find out who the winner is. Plays again later.
- Dear Food Network (Food Network): New. Giada DeLaurentiis, Michael Symon, Tyler Florence and Danny Boome share their favorite holiday memories and recipes. Plays again later.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike works a gourd farm. Last week’s episode, “Maggot Farmer,” replays right before. Both play again later.
- Fringe (FOX): Repeat. “The Ghost Network” from earlier in the season replays, where the team is investigating a bus with the commuters fossilized in some hardened substance. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Rita Rocks (Lifetime): New. Owen gets kicked out of his house by his wife for not looking for work, but playing in the band.
- ESPN has college basketball action with Davidson vs. West Virginia followed by Texas vs. Villanova.
- NBA TV has the Toronto Raptors at the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Versus has NHL action.
- Bones (TNT): Repeat. “The Bone That Blew” episode from a couple of weeks ago on FOX replays, where Brennan’s father is working at the Jeffersonian and she doesn’t like it. Plays again later.
- Frank TV (TBS): Season Finale. It’s “Franks for the Memories.” Plays again later.
A&E has 14 hours of The First 48 episodes.
Bravo has nine episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
Oxygen has five episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood followed by 12 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Sci Fi has 14 episodes of Tales From the Darkside early.
Spike has 10 hours of CSI: NY episodes.
Travel Channel has five episodes of Bizarre Foods With Andrew Zimmern.
USA has six episodes of NCIS.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ’80s.