News & Notes
On cable tonight, Cartoon Network has the first season finale of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Comedy Central has the second season finale of The Sarah Silverman Program, Discovery Channel has a Sci-Trek: Mining the Moon special, and TBS celebrates a Festivus for the rest of us.
Will be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac later today. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and I, along with Amrie from Seat42f, among other places, will be on at 3:20 p.m. PT, so why not drop on in and listen live. Also, you can call in or join the chat room.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): New. Earl learns that Joy is still running a holiday scam that they came up with back when they were together, but now she is running it on her friends. Runs 30 minutes.
The Office (NBC): New. It’s a Moroccan themed Christmas party put on by Phyllis. Meanwhile, Dwight is trying to corner the market on the season’s hottest toy. Runs 31 minutes.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Liz spends Christmas alone with her parents leaving for a retreat and Jack trying to get away from his mother. The crew gets asked to produce a last minute Christmas special. Runs 30 minutes.
Eleventh Hour (CBS): New. Not sure why it is a spring break episode here at the beginning of the winter, but some co-eds are suffering from a flesh eating bacteria and Hood must figure out why and try and cure it. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Smallville (The CW): Repeat. The “Toxic” episode from earlier this season replays, where we get some back-story on Oliver and Tess.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. The team learns of a new murder connected to a serial killer and Grissom secretly takes part in a class being taught by a criminal pathologist, new cast member Laurence Fishburne (The Matrix), to try and help solve the case. Runs 61 minutes.
ER (NBC): New. Morris gets something from his father. A woman with a high-risk pregnancy may be deported. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. It’s Paula Deen and Cat Cora against Tyler Florence and Robert Irvine in an “All Star Holiday Dessert Battle.” Plays again later.
Seinfeld (TBS): Repeats. Four holiday themed episode replay tonight. Up first is “The Strike,” where we learn of the holiday that George’s father created. Second is “The Pick,” where Elaine sends out a revealing Christmas card. Third is “The Mom and Pop Store,” where George thinks he has bought Jon Voight’s car. Last is “The Red Dot,” where Jerry ends up unwittingly being the cause of Elaine’s boyfriend to resume drinking.
- The Day the Earth Stood Still (AMC): Released 1951. The original version of this movie plays tonight and tells the cautionary tale of nuclear weapons. Runs two hours. The remake starts tomorrow at a theater near you.
- Dear Food Network (Food Network): New. Tyler Florence along with Bobby Flay, Sunny Anderson and Sandra Lee talk about all kinds of holiday parties. Plays again later.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action with St. Joseph’s at Villanova.
- NFL Network has the New Orleans Saints at the Chicago Bears.
- TNT has an NBA doubleheader with the Boston Celtics at the Washington Wizards followed by the Portland Trail Blazers at the Utah Jazz.
- The Starter Wife (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Her Old Man and the Sea,” replays.
Bravo has eight episodes of Top Chef.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Snapped tonight.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Tru Calling early.
Spike has 12 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.