News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has Million Dollar Password in its regular first hour timeslot.
Over on cable, BBC America has the second season finale of Skins, Lifetime Movie Network has the TV movie premiere of Special Delivery, Showtime has the season finale of Brotherhood, and VH1 has second season finale of Rock of Love Charm School.
Million Dollar Password (CBS): New. It’s CBS reality show hosts helping contestants win money with Julie Chen (Big Brother) and Phil Keoghan (The Amazing Race).
Cold Case (CBS): New. A stewardess that was trying to organize a union in the 1960s was murdered and her case gets reopened when new direction comes into the squad.
The Unit (CBS): New. Jonas and the team were last seen on a plane with a Dept. of Defense official, who they take into the field on an assignment and show him how things really work. Kim gets to reunite with her kids.
Sunday Night Football (NBC): Carolina at New York. NBC has flexed the Panthers at the Giants into primetime this week. Broadcast starts at 8:15 ET.
Brotherhood (Showtime): Season Finale. “Birnam Wood Comes to Dunsinane.”
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Iron Chef Mario Batali takes on Chef Jamie Oliver. Plays again later.
Skins (BBC America): Season Finale. Everyone is dealing with the death of Chris and the prospect of their futures. I just got done watching the episode and the best compliment I can give it, is that I wished I had kept up with the show and that the ending leaves me wanting to see what happens in season three. But, since it looks like the show will have a completely new cast, maybe I won’t. They better at least wrap-up a particular storyline. The previous six episodes of the season replay earlier in the day.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. The “We’re So Happy to Have You Here” episode from earlier this season replays, where Lynette impersonates a teenage girl on a social network to find out how her son is doing, which came to a very funny conclusion.
- Masterpiece Contemporary (PBS): New. “Prime Suspect: The Final Act” plays tonight, with Detective Superintendent Jane Tennison, played by Helen Miren, is being pushed out, but wants to solve one last crime before she is. Plays again later.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a “Deep Dish Pizza” battle. A repeat “Pizza” battle follows. Both play again later.
- CBS has NFL action.
- ESPN has the R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl with Southern Mississippi vs. Troy.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball action with Stanford at Tennessee.
- FOX has NFL action.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the Carolina Panthers at the New York Giants.
A&E has six episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
ABC Family has animated Christmas special this morning.
BBC America has six season two episodes of Skins.
BET has 10 episodes of The Steve Harvey Show.
Cartoon Network has Christmas and holiday themed episodes and specials most of the day.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Dirty Jobs tonight.
Lifetime has Christmas and holiday themed TV movies all day.
MTV has seven episodes of True Life tonight.
MTV2 has 10 episodes of Run’s House.
Spike has 10 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
TLC has six episodes of Dateline: Real Life Mysteries.