News & Notes
Tonight, FOX has the seventh season premiere of 24 and NBC has The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards special.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has a Dane Cook: Rough Around the Edges comedy special, Science Channel has a Where’s My Robot? special, and VH1 has the series premiere of Tool Academy.
In late night, Sci Fi has a Battlestar Galactica: The Top 10 Things You Need to Know special.
In where did it go news, CBS has pulled Million Dollar Password from the air. While it gets plenty of viewers, apparently they aren’t in the right age demographic.
What will you be watching tonight? Will it be 24, Desperate Housewives, Golden Globes, something else, or nothing at all?
24 (FOX): Season Premiere. Jack Bauer is back, but is he, or the show, better than ever. I’ll be tuning in tonight to find out, as the show kicks off with the first two hours of the season. The next two hours play tomorrow night with the series taking its normal second hour of primetime slot following House on the 19th. The begins with Jack getting thrown for a loop when it looks like his old friend Tony Almeida, whom was believed to be dead, is behind a threat to the country.
The Unit (CBS): New. Mack is seriously injured and the team takes refuge in a monastery where the prized possession of the monks is to be taken by Jonas. Bumping this up to the third hour Prime Pick tonight, cause it makes for a kick-ass three hours of TV with 24 leading off the night.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): New. An Illinois family with a son suffering from brittle bone disease gets a new home that focuses on creating a safe environment for the young boy.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Edie and Susan get themselves locked in a basement together. Mike and Katherine define their relationship. Lynette finds where Porter is staying.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Kitty is doing promotion for her book. Sarah is having some serious financial troubles. Tommy and Saul begin to try and eject Holly from the family company.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Chefs compete in a “Mac & Cheese” competition. Plays again later.
Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): New. This episode covers “Burgers,” as four home cooks battle it out for a $25,000 prize. Guy Fieri hosts. Plays again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Iron Chef Bobby Flay takes on Chef Susur Lee. Plays again later.
- The 66th Annual Golden Globe Awards (NBC): Special. Achievements in Film and Television according to The Hollywood Foreign Press Association are given out. Runs three hours.
- Cold Case (CBS): New. Some never before seen footage of a reporter brings new direction and the team reopens the case of her 1988 murder.
- CBS has the AFC Divisional Playoff with the San Diego Chargers at the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- FOX has the NFC Division Playoff with the Philadelphia Eagles at the New York Giants.
- NBA TV has the Orlando Magic at the San Antonio Spurs.
- Battlestar Galactica: The Top 10 Things You Need to Know (Sci Fi): New. Find out the 10 things they think you should know before the final episodes of the series begins on Friday the 16th.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “I Lied, Too,” replays. Runs 70 minutes.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Ronnie Chase,” replays. Runs 63 minutes.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Six Feet Under the Sea,” replays. Also replays earlier in the day along with last Friday’s episode of Monk.
A&E has eight episodes of CSI: Miami.
ABC Family has The Karate Kid, The Karate Kid, Part Two, The Karate Kid Part III, and The Next Karate Kid today.
AMC has Death Wish, Death Wish II, and Death Wish 3 today.
Discovery Channel has eight episodes of Planet Earth.
ESPN2 replays 13 hours of their 2008 World Series of Poker Main Event coverage.
MTV2 has 11.5 hours of Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew episodes today.
Spike has five episodes of Unsolved Mysteries.
TLC has six episodes of The New Detectives.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Food Paradise.
truTV has 11 episodes of Principal’s Office.