News & Notes
Over on cable, Sci Fi has the winter season premiere of Battlestar Galactica.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): New. Chris and Greg go out for the wrestling team hoping to get a varsity jacket. Runs 30 minutes.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): Season Premiere. With Smash no longer on the team, Coach Taylor wonders about how good his team could be. It’s been a long wait for the majority of us that couldn’t watch these episodes on DirectTV during the fall. I’ve heard from those that did that it is still one of the best shows on TV, so looking forward to tonight’s episode. How about you, glad to have Lights back on your TV?
Numb3rs (CBS): New. A Hollywood tour bus is taken hostage and the team only has four hours to end the situation.
Howie Do It (NBC): New. Two new episodes play of Howie Mandel (Deal or No Deal) pulling pranks.
Flashpoint (CBS): New. The team starts to question things when a woman holds another woman hostage and the situation gets out of control quickly.
20/20 (ABC): New. ABC investigates and reports, which includes looking into the value of a college education.
Unwrapped (Food Network): Repeats. First up is “Midnight Snax” and then things that are eaten on a “Road Trip.” Both play again later.
Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Repeat. The finale of the first half of season four, “Revelations,” replays. The last three episodes of season three and all nine season four episodes replay leading up to tonight’s return of new episodes.
Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Winter Season Premiere. The first of the last 10 episodes of the series plays tonight. Plays again later. The previous 13 episodes sans Pegasus movie replay leading up to tonight’s new episode. I’ve been attempting to watch all three and a half seasons of the show in the last month and am almost done. Won’t be able to get to this episode until late Saturday night, but am really looking forward to it. Will be re-watching the first half of season four on Saturday afternoon to complete watching every episode in order before starting.
- The Beast (A&E): Repeat. Last night’s series premiere, “Pilot,” episode replays. Plays again later. This is well worth checking out, but not in this time slot given the rest of the night’s offerings. Plays five more times over the course of tomorrow.
- Monk (USA): New. Monk gets shot and ends up in a wheel chair and Natalie still gets him to help solve a crime that unwittingly helped go down. Plays again later.
- Psych (USA): New. Lassiter is arrested for a murder in the police department and Shawn and Gus must figure out how to prove what really happened. Plays again later. Looking forward to this episode a little more than normal because it was co-written by Tim Meltreger whom I met on a set visit last summer.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. Clinton and Stacy help a young woman that is wearing hand-me-downs from her much shorter mother. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action with the New Orleans Hornets at the Cleveland Cavaliers followed by the Orlando Magic at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Golf Channel has Round 2 action of the Sony Open in Hawaii.
- 10 Items or Less (TBS): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Eye Can See Clearly …,” replays. Listen to my interview with star John Lehr who plays Leslie Pool on the show.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. Tuesday’s episode, “Gene Shelly,” replays Runs 61 minutes.
Bravo has five episodes of Top Chef.
Sci Fi has 13 episodes of Battlestar Galactica and the half hour Battlestar Galactica: The Top Ten Things You Need to Know plays a couple of time in there also leading up to tonight’s winter season premiere.