News & Notes
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has a Volcanoes special and G4 has the first season finale of Human Wrecking Balls.
We’re back with a new episode of the TV times Three podcast after a three-week holiday hiatus. We didn’t think we had much to say, but the episode clocked in at almost 70 minutes. You can listen to episode 13, “A Lot of Nothing to Say,” and then let us know what you did TV-wise over the holidays, your TV resolutions/goals and your predictions for this year in TV land. We then recapped the last week in primetime, as we will now be talking about the previous Friday thru Thursday, cause there is lots of good stuff on, or about to be on, Friday nights.
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): New. New Christine goes overboard in Vegas when old Christine and Barb throw a bachelorette party for her.
Gary Unmarried (CBS): New. Allison accidentally floods Gary’s house leaving him to stay at her place until it is fixed.
Lost (ABC): Season Premiere. Jack and Ben are trying to talk the rest of the Oceanic 6 to go back to the island and save the rest of the survivors. Kate gets some shocking advice from an old friend. Runs two hours. Can’t wait to watch this, as I’ve heard that it is really, really good.
Lost (ABC): New Clip Show. Clips from past seasons are shown to get you back up to date and ready to go for the return of the series tonight.
Lie to Me (FOX): Series Premiere. The son of devout Jehovah’s Witnesses may have committed a murder, as he was seen fleeing the crime scene. Runs 63 minutes, but also start three minutes after the hour. This one looks interesting from the little they have shown in the promos, but won’t know until I can see how a show is structured and if the characters look like they are going to be developed further than your normal procedural.
CSI: NY (CBS): New. Pieces of a body are being buried around town and the team must find them and put them back together to solve the case.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton cooks with dried pasta and then deals with stuffed pasta. Both play again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a “Sushi” battle and then in a “Dumplings” battle replay. Both play again later.
Damages (FX): New. Patty thinks the Purcell is definitely keeping information from her and Ellen finds out something about Patty’s past. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later. This episode continues the show’s excellent beginning.
- American Idol (FOX): New. See more from the audition rounds. Runs 63 minutes.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): New. It looks as though a family is killing other families together and the team sets out to find and stop them.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): Repeats. Six episodes replay. Four before the two episodes of Meet the Browns and two more after.
- Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns (TBS): New. Makers and babies are met. Two new episode play.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Villanova at Connecticut followed by Clemson at North Carolina.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Virginia Tech at Wake Forest followed by Baylor at Kansas State followed by Day 4 tennis coverage of the Australian Open.
- Golf Channel has first round action from the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.
- NBA TV has the Utah Jazz at the Houston Rockets.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County followed by eight episodes of Top Chef.
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Roseanne early.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Haunted early.