News & Notes
Over on cable, USA has the second winter season premiere of Burn Notice.
Will be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac later today. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and I, along with Amrie from Seat42f, among other places, will be on in the second hour at 4:00 p.m. PT, so why not drop on in and listen live. Also, you can call in or join the chat room.
Bones (FOX): New. The team investigates after a shallow grave is found with the remains of conjoined twins. Another new episode follows with the team investigating after a frozen body is found in a pond. This is like the third series to have a frozen body episode this season, which goes along with the three times the body found in a crushed car has been used. All procedurals aren’t the same, but they seem to be investigating the exact same crimes this season.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Cristina is trying to avoid running into Owen. A donor for the kid continues to be looked for. Mark ends up in a compromising position. Runs 62 minutes.
Private Practice (ABC): New. It looks as though Violet has got herself knocked-up, but she doesn’t know whom the father is. Addison kisses Wyatt and feels guilty about it. Charlotte pops the question to Cooper. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
Smallville (The CW): New. Tess re-evaluates her position at LutherCorp after having a talk with Lana. Clark tries to help John Jones after he gets shot on duty.
The Office (NBC): New. Michael and Dwight try to infiltrate a rival paper company to see how they do things. Meanwhile, back at the office, the rest of the employees debate the hotness of an actress. Runs 31 minutes.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Jack is feeling a bit nervous about attending a corporate retreat, so he talks Liz in to coming with him. Meanwhile, Jenna starts working on her method acting skills. Runs 30 minutes, but starts a minute after the half hour and goes a minute past the hour.
Eleventh Hour (CBS): New. It seems as though a miracle spring has been found when a boy’s tumor disappears after drinking from it. Hood goes there to investigate the claims.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton tries to explain “Pop Culture” with “Pretzel Logic.” Both episodes play again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Chef Mary Lamont challenges Iron Chef Cat Cora. Plays again later.
Burn Notice (USA): Winter Premiere. Michael Weston is back for another seven episodes to finish out season two starting tonight. This is one of my favorite shows on TV right now, so having more episodes to watch and knowing that it will be back for its third season again this summer is great news. Plays again later. The two-hour season one ender and the previous nine episodes of this season replay starting early today.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. Duff and the gang make a snowboard park cake, a zombie cake and some cupcakes. A repeat episode follows. Both episodes play again later.
- The Beast (A&E): New. To gather evidence, Barker and Ellis break a criminal out of police custody in an effort to collect information on the drug ring he is running. Plays twice and again later twice.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. It’s Dr. Langston’s first shift and a seemingly easy looking case goes down hill fast, as it looks to be connected to a much larger crime. Last week’s episode, “One to Go,” replays right before.
- My Name Is Earl (NBC): New. Darnell had his cover blown last week, so this week find out what happens next.
- Supernatural (The CW): New. Sam and Dean must figure out how to reverse a spell when a mysterious death brings them to a town full of musicians.
- ESPN has college basketball action with West Virginia at Georgetown followed by the Winter X Games 13.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Purdue at Minnesota followed by St. Mary’s at San Diego followed by Day 5 tennis coverage of the Australian Open.
- Golf Channel has Round 2 action of the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Boston Celtics at the Orlando Magic followed by the Washington Wizards at the Los Angeles Lakers.
A&E has 14 episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has seven episodes of Tabatha’s Salon Takeover.
Oxygen has 19 episodes of Snapped.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Scariest Places on Earth.
USA has 11 episodes of Burn Notice.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ’80s.