News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the TV movie premiere of Loving Leah and NBC has the miniseries premiere of The Last Templar.
Over on cable, BET has a Celebration of Gospel special, History has a More Extreme Marksmen special, Science Channel has a MegaLab special, Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of Planet Raptor, Spike has the four part Afro Samurai: Resurrection, TBS & TNT have The 15th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards special, and TLC has a Say Yes to the Dress: Ultimate Wedding Edition special.
Cold Case (CBS): New. The remains of a man that went missing in 1967 has his case reopened by the squad.
The Last Templar (NBC): Miniseries Premiere. This four-hour, two part miniseries starring Mira Sorvino (Covert One: The Hades Factor), as an archeologist, and Scott Foley (The Unit), as an FBI agent, trying to uncover secrets about the medieval Knights Templar. Runs two hours. Part 2 plays tomorrow night.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Lisa has a new friend that helps her create a fantasy world. A repeat episode follows
Loving Leah (CBS): TV Movie Premiere. This Hallmark Hall of Fame movie stars Adam Kaufman (Without a Trace) as a doctor who agrees to marry his older brother’s widow, played by Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under), in order to honor an ancient custom. Runs two hours.
The 15th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards (TBS & TNT): Special. Actors give out awards to other actors. Runs two hours. Plays on TNT again later.
United States of Tara (Showtime): New. Tara’s perfect homemaker personality comes out when she starts to feel that she is letting her children down. Plays again later.
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Showtime): New. Belle is thinking about her future and decides to accept a date from Alex. Meanwhile, Bambi gets herself in some trouble. Plays again later.
- Flight of the Conchords (HBO): New. Bret buys a tea cup and sends the duos fortunes plummets, so Jemaine tries to supplement his income.
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): New. This episode covers “Hot & Spicy,” as four home cooks battle it out for a $25,000 prize. Guy Fieri hosts. Plays again later.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA action with the Dallas Mavericks at the Boston Celtics followed by the San Antonio Spurs at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- CBS has doubleheader college basketball action with Florida at Vanderbilt followed by Michigan State at Ohio State.
- ESPN has Winter X Games 13 coverage followed by NBA action with the Houston Rockets at the Detroit Pistons.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball with North Carolina at Maryland followed by tennis action with Round of 16 coverage of the Australian Open.
- Golf Channel has the Final Round of the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.
- NBC has coverage of the U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
- Versus has the NHL All-Star Game.
- The Beast (A&E): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Two Choices,” replays. Plays again later. This episode and the “Pilot” episode both play twice earlier in the day.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “I Know Your Pig,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Earth, Wind and … Wait for It,” replays.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami.
AMC has Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky IV and then First Blood and Rambo: First Blood Part II.
Comedy Central has 10 hours of Stand-Up Showdown 2009.
History has 10 episodes of Battle 360.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
truTV has 12 episodes of Ocean Force.