News & Notes
On cable tonight, BBC America has the second season premiere of Last Restaurant Standing, BET has the third season premiere of Baldwin Hills, IFC has the third season premiere of The Whitest Kids U’Know, and TLC has the second season premiere of 17 Kids & Counting and the series premiere of Toddlers & Tiaras.
NCIS (CBS): New. It looks like a sergeant’s treasonous personal life may have got him killed.
Fringe (FOX): New. A case hits a little to close to home when the team investigates the death of a used car salesman that was found in a puddle of goo.
Without a Trace (CBS): New. An undercover cop, and former partner of Elena, has gone missing and the team investigates. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
American Idol (FOX): New. Clips from the auditions are shown.
Scrubs (ABC): New. Two new episodes play tonight. In the first, J.D. is trying to teach compassion and Elliot gets scammed by one of her interns. In the second, J.D. and Elliot have rekindled their relationship, but it seems to be missing that special spark. Dr. Cox may return as the chief of medicine.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (CBS): Repeat. In “Lunacy” from earlier this season, Benson and Stabler are investigating the death of a famous astronaut whose body was found in Battery Park.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton cooks up some Buffalo wings and then some chili. Both episodes play again later.
Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike tries his hand at plucking a goose. A repeat episode, “Abandoned Mine Plugger,” replays right before. Both play again later.
Leverage (TNT): New. Nate’s drinking puts the team in trouble, which is weird since it hasn’t been a problem in previous episodes. Why is that? Cause, this is originally the series’ fourth episode and not the ninth as it is now. It plays again later and again on Saturday afternoon. In my opinion, they have really screwed up the show’s continuity. Each episode by itself is good, but the developing relationships between the characters are all over the place. I just hope that they end the season by playing “The First David Job” before “The Second David Job,” then at least the first two episodes and the last two episodes would play in their originally intended order. Have you noticed any of the continuity problems?
- Chopped (Food Network): New. Four contestants compete by cooking up something tasty from a basket full of surprise ingredients. This episode includes working with avocado and bran flakes. Plays again later.
- The Mentalist (CBS): Repeat. The “Seeing Red” episode from earlier this season replays, where Jane ends up putting on a fake seance to reveal whom the killer is. Runs 61 minutes. If I am remembering right, this episode ends with a great scene for Jane, showing that this character has a lot of pain behind his outward persona.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): New. Sean is trying to figure out how he feels about Julia. Liz and Christian are trying to figure out their relationship Runs 62 minutes. Plays again later.
- Privileged (The CW): Repeat. In “All About Defining Yourself” from earlier this season, Megan finds out a secret about Laurel. Last week’s episode, “All About the Big Picture” replays tomorrow night. Then next Tuesday is a new episode and it will replay on Wednesday night as well. I thought they might be replaying the series, but apparently they are just replaying the Tuesday night episodes on Wednesday, but with Privileged first and then followed by 90210.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with Kentucky at Mississippi followed by Purdue at Wisconsin.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action with Boston College at Maryland followed by tennis coverage with quarterfinal action from the Australian Open.
- Versus has NHL action.
- 10 Items or Less (TBS): New. The store employees are taking it “One Day at a Time.” Plays again later.
- The Beast (A&E): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Two Choices,” replays. Plays again later.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “I Knew Your Pig,” replays. Runs 59 minutes.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Earth, Wind and … Wait for It,” replays..
Bravo has seven episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County.
E! has the five-part 101 Even Bigger Celebrity Oop!.
Oxygen has episodes of The Bad Girls Club all day.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The Outer Limits.
Spike has 12 hours of CSI: NY episodes.