News & Notes
Over on cable, A&E has Dog the Bounty Hunter back with new episodes and the series premiere of The Exterminators, Discovery Channel has a Killer Germs special, History has the thrid season premiere of MontserQuest, and TBS has the first season finale of Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns.
On this week’s TV times Three podcast, you can listen to episode 15, “What the Hype?!,” where we talk about a few news items and then how the hype surrounding a show can affect your enjoyment of the show. Lastly, we recapped the previous week in primetime by talking about Battlestar Galactica, Psych, The Closer, Trust Me, Fringe, Lost, and Burn Notice. There is no new episode next week, we are taking off the week for Rae’s birthday, but will be back the following week. What would you like to hear us talk about? Got a burning TV question? Something about TV that is bothering you? Then let us know, so we can throw our six cents in on the subject.
Lost (ABC): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Jughead,” replays, where Desmond is searching for Faraday’s mother and the island survivors find out who has been attacking them. A new episode follows.
Lost (ABC): New. Kate finds that someone does know who Aaron’s parents are not. The jumping through time on the island starts to endanger the rest of the survivors. “Jughead” from last week replays right before.
Life on Mars (ABC): New. Sam and Ray seem to be linked to a chain of decapitations. Ray makes a decision that will change his life forever.
Privileged (The CW): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “All About Confessions,” replays, where Charlie kisses Megan and tells her how he feels about her. This episode was good, but lacked much of the comedy, as it was very heavy on the drama all the way around this week.
Life (NBC): New. Crews and Reese are investigating after a retired NASA pilot is shot during a flight. Crews tries to remember who it was that shot him. It’s nice to have this show finally back, but what a time period it will be fighting it out in the ratings.
Law & Order (NBC): New. Lupo and Bernard investigate when a NYPD officer kills another officer that had taken hostages.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton tries to fix a meal after having “Sprung a Leek” and then wants you to “Give Peas a Chance.” Both episodes play again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeats. Bobby competes in an “Arroz Con Pollo” battle and then in an “Arepas” battle. Both play again later.
Damages (FX): New. Patty is beginning to wonder why Ellen ever returned to the firm in the first place. Patty is trying to stop a corporate murder that she thinks may be linked to Christine Purcell’s murder. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- American Idol (FOX): New. More from the Hollywood Round.
- Lie to Me (FOX): New. The Lightman Group is consulting on the case of the murder of a federal judge’s daughter and a NASA test pilot that is accused of crashing a multi-million dollar aircraft on purpose.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): Repeats. Six episodes replay. Four before the two episodes of Meet the Browns and two more after.
- Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns (TBS): New. Two new episodes play. Brianna gets suspended and then Brown meddles in Cora’s relationship.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with West Virginia at Syracuse followed by Duke at Clemson.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Wake Forest at Miami followed by Missouri at Texas.
- Trust Me (TNT): Repeat. Monday night’s episode,”All Hells the Victors,” replays.
A&E has 14.5 hours of Dog the Bounty Hunter episodes.
Bravo has eight episodes of The Millionaire Matchmaker.
History has five episodes of MonsterQuest that plays twice.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne and then five episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Scariest Places on Earth early.
Spike has 10 hours of CSI: NY episodes.