News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has the 12th season premiere of Top Gear, BET has The BET Honors special, History has the third season finale of Cities of the Underworld, Lifetime is moving Rita Rocks up a half hour, MTV has the first season premiere of The Girls of Hedsor Hall, and USA has the opening night of the 133rd Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.
Interview note: I will be on a conference call tomorrow with Eliza Dushku about her new FOX show Dollhouse. There will most likely be a lot of media outlets on the call, meaning we will be able to ask a question or two. But, if you have any questions for her about the show, leave them in the comments or use the contact form to email them. Also, you can always send them via Twitter.
Presidential Address (ABC, CBS, FOX & NBC): New. President Barack Obama addresses the nation. Look for repeat episodes in other than the Eastern Time zone for this time period. Also, on the east, The Bachelor will follow the speech, but may play at its regular time in subsequent time zones.
24 (FOX): New. Dubaku has the first gentleman. Jack and the rest head to the White House to meet with the president.
Medium (NBC): New. Allison doesn’t know what to make of her dreams, as she is seeing a bunch of murders witnessed by a ghost.
Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. In “It’s a Wonderful Lie” from earlier this season, Blair and Chuck have bet each other that they can find the perfect date for the other.
Heroes (NBC): New. Matt’s paintings may show that someone close to him is going to meet a tragic fate. Sylar finds a young outcast with an ability of his own.
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. Diddy do it? Well, you can find out to night, as he plays a defense attorney that might be part of a murder cover-up.
The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family): New. Ben needs some space. Amy’s parents begin interviewing possible adoptive families. Plays again later twice.
The Closer (TNT): New. It looks like the squad has got their guy, but his attorney proves to be a formidable adversary. Plays again later. This is a great episode of this show, a must watch for any fan of The Closer.
Trust Me (TNT): New. The second episodes was better than the first, unfortunately half as many people watched the second episode as watched the first. Hoping that episode three continues the former trend, but not the latter. Plays again later.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Travel Channel): New. Tony takes on “Food Porn.” Plays twice and again later.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Christine Baranski (Cybill guest stars as Leonard’s mother who comes for a disastrous visit. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some “Smokin’ BBQ” joints. A repeat episode, “All Kinds of BBQ,” follows. Both play again later.
- Kyle XY (ABC Family): New. Kyle, Josh and Nicole are involved in a car accident on the way to a psychology conference, but it is on a stretch of road with no cell service. Stephen is left home to deal with a dueling Lori and Jesse. Plays again later night tomorrow.
- Rita Rocks (Lifetime): New. The show has moved up a half hour. Plays again later.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Charlie somehow ends up in couples counseling. Runs 31 minutes.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Get a look at how some chocolate favorites are made. Plays again later.
- Will Work for Food (Food Network): New. Adam tries his hand at being a BBQ pit master and also trains for an eating contest. Plays again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with West Virginia at Pittsburgh followed by Kansas at Missouri.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball action with Duke at North Carolina.
- NBA TV has the Phoenix Suns at the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Versus has NHL action.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Seek and Destroy,” replays.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Mr. Monk and the Bully,” replays.
Bravo has six episodes of The Biggest Loser: Special Edition early and later seven episodes of The Real Housewives of Atlanta tonight.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has 14 episodes of The Twilight Zone early.
Travel Channel has eight episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.