News & Notes
Over on cable, AMC has a AMC Storymakers special.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (FOX): Winter Premiere. Sarah is fighting to stay alive and is being helped by a vision of John’s father. Weaver makes a deadly decision to protect John Henry. The first half of the season back in the fall was really good. Glad to have it back and hope people will pick back up watching on its new night.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): New. It seems that Cash has a dark side. Street thinks he knows how to get back with Erin. Matt is wondering about his future in football after the coach’s recent decision.
Numb3rs (CBS): New. A trial involving a weapons smuggler falls apart and the team searches for possible jury tampering in the case.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): Repeat. The dorkiest girl in school asks Chris out on a date. Runs 30 minutes.
Dollhouse (CBS): Series Premiere. I have not seen any episodes of this show as of yet, so it is strictly on the hype of the people behind it that I am recommending it over the very good Flashpoint this Friday. Creator and writer Joss Whedon (Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and star Eliza Dushku (Tru Calling, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) are behind the show. It also stars Tahmoh Penikett (Battlestar Galactica), Amy Acker (Alias, Angel), Reed Diamond (Journeyman) and others. In this episode, Echo, played by Dushku, is hired out as a professional negotiator when businessman’s daughter is abducted. Meanwhile, an FBI agent, played by Penikett, is searching for the rumored Dollhouse. Echo is one of many dolls that can be uploaded with whatever is needed by the client. They are a complete blank slate otherwise, but Echo is starting to have flashes of who she used to be. It sounds interesting and I am looking forward to finally getting a chance to check this one out.
20/20 (ABC): New. ABC investigates and reports.
Unwrapped (Food Network): Repeats. Marc takes a look at some chocolate favorites in two repeat episodes. Both play again later.
Monk (USA): New. Monk suspects that a magician is behind a recent murder and sets out to figure out how he did it. Plays again later.
Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): New. Anders is taken to the Cylon baseship and it unleashes a slew of visions and memories. Plays again later.
- Flashpoint (CBS): New. A previous mission is continuing to haunt Ed. One of the team fights for their life after being hit by a sniper.
- Psych (USA): New. A friend of Gus and Shawn hires them to look into a camp counselor that has gone missing. Plays again later. The previous five episodes replay this morning.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. Clinton and Stacy are taking a look at the previous single mothers they have help. Plays again later.
- ESPN has the NBA All-Star Celebrity Game followed by a college basketball game with Villanova at West Virginia.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights with a welterweight bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
- Golf Channel has second round action from the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
- TNT has the NBA All-Star Rookie Challenge & Youth Jam.
- House (USA): Repeat. “The Greater Good” from a couple of weeks ago on FOX replays, where the team is treating a former cancer researcher that prompts them to ponder their life choices.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Manny Skerritt,” replays.
Sci Fi has last eight episodes of Battlestar Galactica from the first part of season four early.
USA has five episodes of Psych early from this winter part of the season.