News & Notes
On cable tonight, Bravo has part one of the fifth season finale of Top Chef, HBO has a The Witness From the Balcony of Room 306 special, TV Land has the fifth season premiere of High School Reunion, and WE has the series premiere of Little Miss Perfect.
On this week’s TV times Three podcast, you can listen to episode 16, “TV Box Office Appeal,” where we talk about movies from TV shows after briefly discussing some recent TV news items. Lastly, we recapped the previous week in primetime by talking about Secret Diary of a Call Girl, The Big Bang Theory, The Closer, Fringe, Lost, The Office, 30 Rock, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Dollhouse. Also, thanks for those that have sent in topic ideas over the last couple of weeks, we will be using them on coming episodes.
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): New. Ritchie gets hurt at a skateboarding party while in Richard’s care, so she becomes even more overprotective.
Gary Unmarried (CBS): New. Gary is being audited by the IRS and goes to Allison’s brother for help.
Lost (ABC): New. The way back to the island is shown, but not all of the Oceanic 6 is interested in going back. Runs 62 minutes. “This Place Is Death” from last week replays right before.
Life on Mars (ABC): New. Sam is told some startling news. Hunt and his daughter go at it. Annie meets Ray’s wife. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
Lost (ABC): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “This Place Is Death,” replays, where John tries to fix the problem causing the island to jump through time and Ben has some trouble getting all of the six back together. A new episode follows.
Life (NBC): New. Crews and Reese investigate after a con man is found dead in a house with no roof and a mouth full of money. Crews has a confrontation that brings him closer to learning more about the conspiracy the put him behind bars.
CSI: NY (CBS): New. Stella is out on a date at a charity function when a body falls from the ceiling with the balloons.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton gets himself in an “American Pickle,” but it turns out to be “Dill-icious.” Both episodes play again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeats. Bobby competes in a “Lasanga” battle and then in a “Meatballs” battle. Both play again later.
Damages (FX): New. Ellen and Patty are at odds in how to proceed against Ultima National Resources. Ellen may have a new lead for the FBI to follow. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- American Idol (FOX): New. The first three finalist are announced.
- Criminal Minds (CBS): New. The team is hunting a serial killer that is copying famous killers.
- Lie to Me (FOX): New. The team is brought in to try and stop a possible assassination of a South Korean ambassador.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): New. Two new episodes play following four repeat airings of the show.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action with the Orlando Magic at the New Orleans Hornets followed by the Los Angeles Lakers at the Golden State Warriors.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader college basketball action with Providence at Louisville followed by Oklahoma State at Texas Tech.
- 10 Items or Less (TBS): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Dances With Groceries,” replays.
- Trust Me (TNT): Repeat. Monday night’s episode, “Au Courant,” replays.
Bravo has 11 episodes of Top Chef.
E! has 11 episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
Oxygen has 18 episodes of Roseanne.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
USA has 12 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.