News & Notes
Over on cable, Biography has the series premiere of The Chris Isaak Hour, HBO has a The Black List: Volume 2 special, History has an Ax Men: Road to Season 2 special, and VH1 has a Black to the Future: The 90s special.
I will be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac today at about 4:00 p.m. PT along with Amrie from Seat42f, among other places. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and runs two hours. Kate O’Hare of Hot Cuppa TV is usually on in the first hour. You can listen live, call in or join the chat room.
On this week’s TV times Three podcast, you can listen to episode 17, “Spring Preview,” where we went over all the new and returning shows premiering in March and April. There are a lot of them. We also touched on some recent TV news items. Lastly, we recapped the previous week in primetime by talking about Psych, The Amazing Race, The L Word, Chuck, Life, Lost, and Bones.
American Idol (FOX): New. Find out who the next three to make the Top 12 are going to be.
The Office (NBC): Repeat. Michael puts on an auction to help try and raise funds to replace things that were lost when the office was robbed. Runs 31 minutes.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Tracy sends the city of New York into a panic with his interview with Larry King. Jack is thinking about the next step in his relationship with Elisa. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
Eleventh Hour (CBS): New. When 30 people die during a 10-minute lightning storm, Dr. Hood is called in to investigate the possible cause. Starts one minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Smallville (The CW): Repeat. Clark and Lois end up in the Phantom Zone where they run into Kara.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. Three seemingly unrelated cases are investigated. Runs 61 minutes.
ER (NBC): New. Dr. Carter tries to get up to speed at County, but is having trouble with new procedures and technology.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton makes a “Cheesecake” and then visits the “House of the Rising Bun.” Both episodes play again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. The Chef Amanda Freitag vs. Iron Chef Bobby Flay battle from Sunday replays. Plays again later.
Burn Notice (USA): New. A woman for Michael’s past comes asking for his help. A black-market trader has kidnapped her son. Michael also tries to make nice with a fellow burned agent that has gone rogue. Plays again later. The previous four episodes replay earlier in the day.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. Duff and the gang build a King Kong cake. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- The Beast (A&E): New. An officer has gone missing and may be dead. Baker goes undercover with a drug gang while Ellis works with the officer’s partner. Plays twice and again later twice.
- Being Erica (SOAPnet): New. Erica is headed back to her college days to try and get into a secret society. Plays again Saturday afternoon and late night Sunday. This is a really good show. I enjoyed the first episode very much. It is a Canadian show that has been playing for the past few weeks on CBC. The series premiered here in the states last week. That episode plays twice earlier in the day. It starts out kind of like the short-lived The Ex List, an early thirties woman that is unlucky in love and life. She believes it is because of the decisions she has made in her life. So, this mysterious Dr. Tom says he can help and sends her back in time to relive the events and try and change them based on what she believes she should have done at the time. This is the show that The Ex List wanted to be.
- ESPN has doubleheader college basketball action with West Virginia at Cincinnati followed by Purdue at Michigan.
- ESPN2 has tripleheader college basketball action with Xavier at St. Joseph’s followed by Memphis at Alabama-Birmingham and then Gonzaga at Santa Clara.
- Golf Channel has Day 2 action from the WGC Accenture Match Play Championship with Tiger Woods still in the mix.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Houston Rockets followed by the Phoenix Suns at the Los Angeles Lakers.
A&E has 14 hours of The First 48 episodes.
Bravo has six episodes of Top Chef.
Oxygen has nine episodes of Snapped tonight.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Dark Angel early.