News & Notes
Tonight, FOX is moving Lie to Me up and hour, as it will be switching places with the American Idol results show, MyNet has the first season finale of The Tony Rock Project, and NBC has the series premiere of The Chopping Block.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has the 13th season premiere of South Park, Discovery Channel has an Earth: The Sequel special, and Sci Fi has the fifth season premiere of Ghost Hunters.
On this week’s TV times Three podcast, you can listen to episode 19, “Unseen Pilots, Haunted Headsets, & Winnie the Pooh,” where we talked those shows that never make it to air and what we think should be done with them. We also touched on some recent TV news items. Lastly, we recapped the previous week in primetime by talking about Battlestar Galactica, The Amazing Race, How I Met You Mother, Lost, Burn Notice, Being Erica and America’s Best Dance Crew. You can now also follow TVtimesThree on Twitter to easily keep up with when new episodes go live.
Lie to Me (FOX): New. A girl has disappeared and Lightman and Foster are brought in on the case. Loker and Torres are trying to figure out is the memoir of an activist is actually true. This will be the show’s new timeslot going forward.
Life (NBC): New. Crews and Stark are looking into the stabbing death of a soldier on leave.
Life on Mars (ABC): New. Two airhostesses have recently been found dead, so Sam and Annie go undercover to investigate the case. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): New. Another mother at Ritchie’s school thinks that Christine is solid, but Christine soon gets tired of always having to come through and live up to the compliment.
Gary Unmarried (CBS): New. Allison and Gary don’t think that Louise should be taking part in the same extracurricular activities.
Criminal Minds (CBS): New. Prentiss has a connection to the case this week, as the team looks into a series of murders with religious overtones.
CSI: NY (CBS): New. A pipe bomb has blown apart the crime scene, so the team has to piece things back together.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton cooks up some lentils and then checks out New Orleans. Both episodes play again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a “Chicken Pot Pie” battle and then a “Grilled Cheese” battle repeat follows. Both play again later.
Damages (FX): New. The opposition is starting to show weakness as Patty continues to apply pressure. The FBI investigation into Patty takes a new direction. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
- American Idol (FOX): New. Two from the final 13 get sent home.
- Lost (ABC): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “LeFleur,” replays. Runs 62 minutes. New episodes return next week.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): Repeats. Six episodes replay tonight.
- ESPN has college basketball action from the Big East Tournament.
- ESPN2 has World Baseball Classic action followed by a college basketball conference tournament final.
- NBA TV has doubleheader action with the New York Knicks at the Detroit Pistons followed by the New Jersey at the Golden State Warriors.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Sunday’s season two premiere episode, “Seven Thirty-Seven,” replays.
- Trust Me (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Damage Control,” replays.
E! has the five-part 101 Sexiest Celebrity Bodies.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Living Single.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Stargate Atlantis early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ’90s tonight.