Why should Chuck be saved? Well, because it’s one of the best shows on TV right now and provides the perfect mix of action, comedy, drama and romance. If that’s not enough, then read TV critic Alan Sepinwall’s open letter to the NBC brass. I especially like his idea of having Chuck leadoff Thursday nights followed by The Office and 30 Rock. How great a night of TV would that be? Must-See TV indeed.
If you’re a fan of quality TV and want to help save Chuck, and why wouldn’t you, here are 10 ways, in order of how effective they might be, to do so.
10 Ways to Help Save Chuck
- First and foremost, watch the second season finale of Chuck tomorrow, April 27th on NBC and get everybody you know to do the same, especially if they’re a Neilson family. The better the ratings the better the shot of renewal.
- Buy a Subway sandwich. Heck they’re only $5 and pretty tasty to boot. But, don’t forget to fill out a comment card to let them know that you are buying it because of their advertising on Chuck. Show them Big Mike isn’t the only one that likes their sandwiches. Don’t just buy one on Monday either, the more the better.
- Buy Chuck season one on DVD or Blu-ray and/or preorder season two on DVD or Blu-ray. If NBC can see potential money from future DVD sales, it may help persuade them to keep the show around.
- Get Chuck episodes via digital download at Amazon or iTunes. Same reasons as noted above.
- Buy Chuck gear at the NBC Universal Store. You can get official Buy More mugs and polo shirts, Nerd Herd hats and t-shirts, or even a Jeffster t-shirt.
- Watch Chuck episodes online at NBC.com, Hulu.com, and Fancast.com. The first two are better since they are owned, or partially owned, by NBC. If you’re in Canada watch them at CityTV.com.
- Get on Twitter and let @NBC know you want another season of Chuck. Send them your best 140-character reason for bringing the show back. Also, make sure you use the #chuck and #savechuck hashtags when you tweet about the show. You may also want to show your support by following @savechuck that a fan has setup.
- Send an email. Go to the contact page at NBC.com and fill out the form by choosing Chuck from the dropdown menu.
- Write a letter or send a postcard. But, you pretty much need to send it out on Monday to get it there in time to possibly have any impact. Send them to:
c/o Ben Silverman
3000 W Alameda Ave
Burbank, CA 91523
100 Universal City Plaza
Building 1320, 4th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608
- Lastly, sign online petitions. I put this last, cause I don’t know how much of an effect they have, but they couldn’t hurt, so why not. There are Chuck petitions at PetitionSpot.com and YouChoose.net.
Got any other suggestions on how to save Chuck, leave them in the comments below.