News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has Ugly Betty returning to the lineup and the second season finale of Private Practice.
In where did that show go news, CBS has pulled Harper’s Island the post CSI slot and moved it to Saturday nights starting this weekend, May 2nd.
Will be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac today at about 4:00 p.m. PT, along with Amrie from Seat42f, among other places. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and runs two hours. You can listen live or find it at iTunes. There was no show today.
On Episode 25, “PaleyFest09 or Bust!,” of the TV times Three podcast, Amrie and Rae talk about their trip to Paley Fest and the panels they went to, like for The Big Bang Theory, The Mentalist, and Dr. Horrible.
Enter both of our giveaways: Rhoda Season One DVD Set and Spin City Season Two DVD Set. I can’t believe how few have entered so far, but that just means if you do that you have an excellent chance of being selected.
Bones (FOX): New. A member of a fraternity is found dead in the mascot uniform of a rival school. Booth tries to help his brother find a new job.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Sharon Lawrence (Privileged, NYPD Blue) guest-stars as Izzie’s mother. Thatcher tries to make things up to Meredith and Lexie. Meredith gets into it with the chief over a case. Runs 62 minutes.
Private Practice (ABC): New. Violet finally makes a choice between Pete and Sheldon. Heather comes back to town under the influence and Dell becomes really worried about his daughter. Naomi tries to figure out whether to stay at Oceanside Wellness. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
Smallville (The CW): New. Clark finds out about Davis still being alive. Oliver finds Jimmy breaking into Chloe’s apartment.
The Office (NBC): New. The sales team is having a problem and Michael must deal with it. People take casual Friday a little to casually. Runs 31 minutes.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Tracy decides he needs to be more professional. Starts a minute after the half-hour and runs 29 minutes.
Southland (NBC): New. Secrets from Nate’s past get revealed after his little sister goes missing.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Alton wants you to “Popover Sometime” for some “Great Balls of Meat.” Both episodes play again later.
American Chopper (TLC): New. Paul Sr. meets Gov. Sarah Palin during trip to Alaska to research a bike. Plays again later.
Being Erica (SOAPnet): New. Erica thinks that her being a control freak is hurting her relationships. This and the previous five episodes replay on Saturday afternoon, May 2nd.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. A random illness is affecting Las Vegas citizens, but the lab is at a loss. Runs 62 minutes.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. This past Sunday’s battle between chef Koren Grieveson and Iron Chef Cat Cora replays. Plays again later.
- Parks and Recreation (NBC): New. Well, the third episode didn’t do anything for me, but since there is only like six episodes for this season, I’ll keep watching and hoping it gets funny.
- Supernatural (The CW): New. Sam and Dean are looking for Castiel, but come across his human vessel instead.
- NBA TV first round playoff action with the Orlando Magic at the Philadelphia 76ers.
- TNT has first round doubleheader NBA action with the Boston Celtics at the Chicago Bulls followed by the Portland Trail Blazers at the Houston Rockets.
- Versus has doubleheader NHL playoff games.
Bravo has six episodes of The Millionaire Matchmaker tonight.
History has the five episodes of Shadow Force that play twice.
Oxygen has 33 episodes of Snapped.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Jericho early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest One-Hit Wonders tonight.
I am right there with ya on Parks and Recreation. Not sure where the funny went. Amy Poehler is such a funny actress and the writers are talented. Guess they all can’t be winners, huh?
Seth, I guess not and so far Parks and Recreation certainly isn’t.
I can’t believe you have Supernatural under “other”! Shame on you! Although Thursday is a fierce night. But every night feels that way to me these days.
Patty, Supernatural is good at what they do, but I’ve never been a big fan of the horror/suspense genre in TV or movies.