News & Notes
On cable tonight, Animal Planet has the second season premiere of Whale Wars, TLC has the third season finale of Say Yes to the Dress, and Travel Channel has the second season premiere of Ghost Adventures.
Note: As I mentioned yesterday, I’m changing things up a bit in the Tonight on the Tube posts. Cable and network best bets will be combined in the Prime Picks and Solid Selections sections. Each of the these will continue to be made up of the best bet for each hour of primetime, especially during the summer, when most of the good stuff is on cable and it looks strange for those shows not to be part of the Prime Picks section. Other Options will still be a combined listing of cable and network shows that play during primetime that may also be worth checking out.
Privileged (The CW): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode replays. See the series that The CW should have picked up for another season. It was better than pretty much everything else they have on their network. It’s too bad more people didn’t watch.
Samantha Who? (ABC): Repeats. In the season-two premiere episode, “So I Think I Can Dance,” Sam joins her mother in a dance competition, but it seems this is one of the things she has forgotten how to do. Then, in “Out of Africa” from earlier this past season, Sam is going to volunteer in Africa, but nobody thinks she actually will. Weird, another show that didn’t get picked up, but should have, is replaying on Friday nights.
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. In “Magic Show” from this past season, Don and the team are investigating the disappearance of a magician during his act.
Ultimate Burger Bash With Food Network All-Stars (Food Network): Repeat. Some stars of the network present tips on making the best burgers and fries. Plays again later.
Flashpoint (CBS): Repeat. In the second season premiere episode, “Eagle Two,” the team is on a routine protection detail that goes bad when the wife of the man they are protecting is kidnapped.
Treats of the Trade: Dessert (Food Network): Repeat. Get a look inside the All American Dessert Expo in Las Vegas. Plays again later.
- Mental (FOX): Repeat. In “A Beautiful Delusion” from earlier this week, a woman with a hysterical pregnancy is admitted, but it turns out that she isn’t the only one that thinks she is pregnant.
- tosh.0 (Comedy Central): Repeat. This debuted last night and is pretty funny. I was surprised by how much I liked it. It is sort of like E!’s The Soup, but all about weird things found on the web, mainly videos. Plays again later.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. A roller derby queen that needs a makeover gets some help from Clinton and Stacy. Plays again later.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights with welterweight bout scheduled for 12 rounds.
- Golf Channel has second round action from the Memorial Tournament.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Thaw,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
- Royal Pains (USA): Repeat. Last night’s series premiere episode replays. Runs 75 minutes.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
E! has the five-part 101 Even Bigger Celebrity Oops! early.
MTV has six episodes of Made early.
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Roseanne.
Sci Fi has 20 episodes of Land of the Lost.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Ghost Adventures.
USA has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.