News & Notes
In late night, IFC has the series premieres of Food Party and Wrong Door.
Note: It was time to change the Tonight on the Tube posts up a bit. Cable and network best bets will be combined in the Prime Picks and Solid Selections sections and the separate Cable Choices section has been dropped. The two sections will continue to be made up of the best bet for each hour of primetime, but since during the summer, most of the good stuff is on cable, it just seemed weird for those shows not to be part of the Prime Picks section. The Other Options section will continue to be a combined listing of cable and network shows that play during primetime, which also might be worth checking out, even though there isn’t one as part of today’s post.
NBA Finals (ABC) Game 3. The Los Angeles Lakers head into Orlando to take on the Magic up 2-0 in the series. Tip off is just after 9:00 p.m. ET. There is a pregame show and a Jimmy Kimmel Live special that play either before the pregame show or after the game depending on your time zone.
The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Last night’s season five premiere episode, “Products of Discovery,” replays. Great episode.
Mental (FOX): New. A famous philosopher, played by the recently deceased David Carradine (Kung Fu), and his wife were struck by lightening. She was killed and he lapsed into a catatonic state. Jack wants to try an unorthodox treatment. FOX will air an “In Memoriam” segment at the end of the episode.
Rescue Me (FX): New. Tommy and Mike must work together on what should have been a routine call. Sheila tries to control how much Tommy is drinking. Runs 61 minutes. Plays twice.
- ABC has Game 3 of the NBA Finals with the Los Angeles Lakers at the Orlando Magic.
- ESPN2 has WNBA action with the Seattle Storm at the Indiana Fever.
- NBC has Game 6 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “Duplicate Bridge,” replays.
- Saving Grace (USA): Repeat. The season two finale, “I Believe in Angels,” replays to get you ready for the third season premiere next Tuesday night, June 16th following the series premiere of HawthoRNe.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of New Jersey tonight.
Oxygen has eight episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
Sci Fi has the three part, six hour The Lost Room miniseries.
USA has 12 episodes of House.