News & Notes
ABC has Surviving Suburbia and The Goode Family taking their new night and times.
Over on cable, BBC America has the 16th season premiere of Friday Night With Jonathan Ross and TLC has a Masters of Reception special.
In late night, Comedy Central has an Adam Ferrara: Funny as Hell comedy special.
On Episode 32, “What’s Your Perfect Primetime TV Lineup,” of the TV times Three podcast, Amrie, Rae and I talk about are perfect TV schedules. We tried to remember all of our favorite shows and then put them on a weekly schedule, which sounds like a lot. But, try and squeeze in all you favorite shows from the past and present into only 22 hours. It’s tough.
Giveaways: Two Boston Legal – Season Five DVD sets and two Prison Break – Season Four – The Final Season DVD sets.
Privileged (The CW): Repeat. In episode two, “All About Honesty,” Megan gets invited to her first Palm Beach party, but ends up getting into a loud fight with her sister and making a scene.
Samantha Who? (ABC): Repeats. In “The Pill” from this past season, Tony Hale (Chuck, Arrested Development) guest stars as a doctor that gives Sam some pills from a clinical trial to improve her memory. Then, in “The Building” from earlier this past season, Sam goes into the real estate business with her mother.
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. In “Charlie Don’t Surf” from this past season, the team is investigating the death of a surfer, but end up uncovering a different crime.
Unwrapped (Food Network): Repeats. A look at some of your favorite “Peanut Butter Bites” and then stuff you’d find in a “Sack Lunch.” Both play again later.
Flashpoint (CBS): Repeat. In “Haunting the Barn” from this past season, the team has to deal with a retired SRU member locking himself in the safe room and threatening to commit suicide.
Summer Snacks Unwrapped (Food Network): Repeat. See how some of your favorite summer foods are made. Plays again later.
- Mental (FOX): Repeat. In “Book of Judges” from earlier this week, Jack tries a dangerous treatment on a famous philosopher that has been catatonic since being struck by lightening.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. A single 52-year-old woman dresses more like daughter and needs some help. Plays again later.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights with a featherweight bout.
- Golf Channel has second round action from the McDonald’s LPGA Championship.
- NBC has Game 7 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Control,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
Bravo has five episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Oxygen has 17 episodes of Captured.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Stargate Atlantis.
Spike has 13 hours of Deadliest Warrior episodes.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs.