News & Notes
On Episode 33, “Shows From Around the Places,” of the TV times Three podcast, Amrie, Rae and I talk about foreign TV shows. We discussed why we don’t see more imported shows and listed a few of our past and present favorites.
Planning to be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac at about 4:00 p.m. PT on today along with Amrie from Seat42f, among other places. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and runs two hours. You can listen live or find it at iTunes later on.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. In “The Passenger in the Oven” from this past season, Brennan and Booth have to solve a murder on a plane while in route to China.
Burn Notice (USA): New. Another great episode, as an old foe reappears to make Michael’s life difficult. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Question & Answer,” replays earlier in the day.
Royal Pains (USA): New. A powerful Senator wants to find out what is wrong with her son without anyone knowing there is something wrong with him. Plays again later. The first two episodes of the series replay earlier in the day.
Smallville (The CW): Repeat. The eighth season premiere episode, “Odyssey,” replays, where the Justice League is searching for Clark after the collapse of the fortress.
The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Holidays With Giada,” replays. Plays again later.
tosh.0 (Comedy Central): New. Comic Daniel Tosh pokes fun at stuff found on the Internet, such as videos and things posted to Twitter, etc. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later. Admittedly, last week’s episode wasn’t quite as funny as the premiere episode, but I will give a few to see what it will become.
- 30 Rock (NBC): Repeat. In “Retreat to Move Forward” from this past season, Liz goes with Jack to a business retreat, but doesn’t really fit in. Jenna relies on Wikipedia for info about a character she will be playing, which allows Frank to have some fun.
- American Chopper (TLC): New. The gang builds an “Abu Dhabi Bike.” Plays again later.
- The Listener (NBC): New. Toby ends up a suspect after a woman he spends the night with is found murdered the next day.
- So You Think You Can Dance (FOX): New. Two of the Top 18 get sent packing.
- ESPN has first round action from the U.S. Open golf tournament.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. This past Sunday’s episode, “A Frond in Need,” replays.
A&E has 20 episodes of Crime 360.
Golf Channel has nine episodes of Big Break: Prince Edward Island early.
Oxygen has 19.5 hours of Snapped episodes.
Sci Fi has seven episodes of Joan of Arcadia early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs.