News & Notes
Over on cable, CMT has a CMT Crossroads special, HGTV has the first season finale of Bang for Your Buck, Science has a Build It Bigger special, and TBS has a Let Freedom Hum: An Evening of Comedy Hosted by Martin Short special.
On Episode 34, “How We Got Into TV Blogging,” of the TV times Three podcast, Amrie, Rae and I talk about how we got into TV blogging, along with some news and our primetime wrap-up.
Giveaway: Two Reba – Season Six DVD sets.
Virtuality (FOX): New. This is the “Pilot” episode for what was going to be a series, but now looks like it probably won’t be, unless a gazillion people watch this tonight. I’ve heard it is good. In the two-hours we are introduced to a group of space travelers who are on a 10-year mission to hopefully save Earth. But, their cutting-edge virtual-reality system, designed to maintain the sanity of those aboard the ship, malfunctions and endangers the crew.
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. In “Conspiracy Theory” from this past season, the team is searching for the bomber of a controversial charity organization. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
Privileged (The CW): Repeat. In episode four, “All About the Power Position,” Megan finds some interesting DVDs in Rose’s bag and Sage sets out to get some info out of Lily.
Flashpoint (CBS): Repeat. In “Business as Usual” from this past season, a mortgage company CEO is taken hostage. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 61 minutes. Good news for fans of this show, like me, new episodes return Friday, July 17th.
Let Freedom Hum: An Evening of Comedy Hosted by Martin Short (TBS): New Special. Comics John Pinette, Kathleen Madigan, Greg Giraldo, Tom Papa, and Jeremy Hotz perform. Plays again late night Sunday.
- The Cleaner (A&E): Repeat. The second season premiere episode, “Hello America,” replays with guest stars Jayne Brook, Gary Cole, and Whoopi Goldberg. Plays again later.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. A mother of triplets and a full-time teacher gets a wardrobe reboot. Plays again later.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights with a middleweight bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
- Versus has the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Yesterday’s episode, “Fearless Leader,” replays.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Disease,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
Discovery Channel has seven episodes of Dirty Jobs early.
Oxygen has seven episodes of Snapped early.
Sci Fi has 16 episodes of Tales From the Darkside early.
Spike has 12 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
USA has six episodes of NCIS.
VH1 has seven episodes of I Love the New Millennium.