News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has the first season finale of Apprentice UK, Bravo has the series premiere of Miami Social, and Sundance has the first season finale of Is Your House Killing You?.
NBC Universal has a new webisode series premiere today called Ctrl. It stars Tony Hale (Chuck, Arrested Development), Steve Howey (Reba), and Emy Coligado (Crossing Jordan). Hale plays an often-mistreated office drone who finds that after an accident that spills something on his keyboard that it now can control his reality. Like, he finds that hitting “Ctrl Z” undoes that last thing he did. He finds other Ctrl key combinations do other things as well. He tries to take advantage of this newfound power, but not always to great effect. I’ve seen the first three webisodes and they are fun and I can’t wait to see what other things he finds the keyboard can do. You’ll be able to find it just about everywhere as of today. Like, NBC.com, Hulu.com, your mobile phone, On Demand via your cable service, and downloadable on Xbox, Zune, Amazon, Playstation and iTunes.
10 Things I Hate About You (ABC Family): New. Bianca it trying to do whatever she can to get on Chastity’s good side. Kat seems to have an unwanted admirer. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again late night tomorrow.
Better Off Ted (ABC): New. Veridian is being sued after a perfume that was created by the company has wearers being attacked by hornets. The deposition puts a strain on the relationship between Lem and Phil.
Scrubs (ABC): Repeat. In “My Full Moon” from this past season, the interns have to deal with all the craziness that a full moon brings out.
Saving Grace (TNT): New. The squad is investigating the murder of a Hasidic Jew, which tests Grace’s spirituality. Plays again later.
Eureka (Syfy): Repeat. Last Friday’s summer season premiere episode, “Welcome Back, Carter,” replays.
Warehouse 13 (Syfy): New. Pete and Myka are out to stop some bank robbers using an interesting weapon. Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) guest-stars. Plays again later. The two hour series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays right before Eureka, which plays right before this.
The Cleaner (A&E) New. A manager hires William to help her client get off drugs. Plays twice and again later twice.
- The Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Food Network personalities talk about the best foods they have eaten. This episode focuses on “Obessions.” Plays again later.
- Chopped (Food Network): New. Four chefs compete to create a three-course meal with secret ingredients revealed right before they cook each course. One of the ingredients is usually a little bizarre and doesn’t really go with the others in the basket, but all must be used to complete their dishes. Plays again later.
- Rescue Me (FX): New. A new era the firehouse is ushered in after Damian’s graduation. Plays twice.
- FOX has the Major League Baseball All Star Game 2009.
- Versus has coverage of Stage 10 of the Tour de France multiple times throughout the day.
- In Plain Sight (ABC Family): Repeat. Sunday night’s episode, “Jailbait,” replays.
- Make It or Break It (ABC Family): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Sunday, Bloody Sasha, Sunday,” replays.
A&E has 14 episodes of The First 48.
Bravo has five episodes of The Real Housewives of New York.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of The FBI Files early.
Syfy has eight episodes of 7 Days early.
USA has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit early.