News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has a Torchwood special followed by the third season premiere. Discovery Channel has a When We Left Earth: Apollo 11 special, HBO has a Prom Night in Mississippi special, History has a Moonshot special, Spike has the fourth season finale of 4th & Long, and VH1 has the series premiere of The T.O. Show.
On Episode 37, ” What We Are Hoping to See & Do at Comic Con 2009,” of the TV times Three podcast, Amrie, Rae and I talk about Comic Con 2009 and what we hope to see and do, along with some news, and our primetime wrap-up.
The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family): New. Grace makes known a secret and Amy wants to go with Ben on his trip. Plays again later two more times.
The Closer (TNT): New. It’s “Strike Three.” Plays again Saturday morning and next Monday before the next new episode. Last week’s episode, “Tapped Out,” replays right before.
Weeds (Showtime): New. Nancy finds out who Esteban’s other woman is and also the plans he has for the birth. Plays again later.
Nurse Jackie (Showtime): New. A man that has been attacked by his date’s ex-husband is brought in and O’Hara is having a personal crisis. Plays again later.
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays. The second episode from last night follows.
Torchwood: Children of Earth (BBC America): Season Premiere. Jack is lead into a trap while investigating why all the children stopped their routines to announce, “We are coming.” This is the first of the five part series that plays over consecutive nights this week. I’ve read that it is really good, whether you have been a Torchwood watcher previously or not.
Raising the Bar (TNT): New. Everything is “Fine and Dandy.” Plays again later.
- Make It or Break It (ABC Family): New. A mother-daughter fashion show at The Rock causes problems. Plays again late night tomorrow.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball with the Chicago Cubs at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The Bill Engvall Show (TBS): Repeats. Last Saturday’s episodes, “Give Me a Break” and “You Decide,” replay.
- The Cleaner (A&E): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Does Everybody Have a Drink,” replays.
- Dark Blue (truTV): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays on truTV.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “All In,” replays.
- Royal Pains (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “If I Were a Sick Man,” replays.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike has nine hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has six episodes of Stargate SG-1 early.
USA has four James Bond movie early.