News & Notes
Tonight, The CW begins burning off the rest of Easy Money, which was actually a good show, but died along with the whole Sunday night lineup quite quickly last Fall and NBC has the miniseries premiere of The Storm.
Over on cable, A&E has the first season finale of Hammertime, BBC America the Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead special episode and a Being Human special, Food Network has the series premiere of Extreme Cuisine With Jeff Corwin, and VH1 has the first season finale of Daisy of Love.
In late night, History has the series premiere of Lock N’ Load and IFC has the first season finale of Ideal.
I’ve been remiss at posting about my Comic Con experience and that is because it has been quite the experience so far. A bit overwhelming for me as a first timer, as I don’t do well with multiple days with lack of sleep and was not nearly as prepared for this as I should have been due to being sick for the two weeks leading up to coming here to San Diego. Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day. The Chuck panel was great, especially the live performance from Jeffster of “Fat Bottom Girl.” I also attended panels for Sanctuary, Warehouse 13, and Human Target. The latter which included a screening of the premiere episode that will air next January, which is a really well done actioner that harkens back to the action shows and movies from the 1980s. The highlight of the day was a weird confluence of events that left me alone to interview each member of the cast of Warehouse 13. I ended up just chatting with Joanne Kelly about how this was her first Comic Con experience as well after I ran out of questions and the PR people hadn’t come and pulled her away to the next table. I will have much more over the next week, once I return home. Due to a conflict with my recorder and my laptop, I can’t get any of the audio interviews posted until I get home. If you’ve been following me on Twitter, I’ve been posting short bits of info from the panels as the day goes along. Today includes the Smallville panel and press room, so if you’ve got questions for the cast, send them my way. Also, will try and make the BBC America Being Human/Torchwood panel.
Merlin (ABC): New. Merlin must choose between protecting Arthur and saving a young Druid girl.
The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The three remaining contestants meet Emril and film promo spots for what their new show would be. Plays again later. Last week’s episode plays before Food Network Challenge tonight.
In Plain Sight (USA): New. Mary and Marshall think they may be hiding a witness from the government when a former world-class counterfeiter witness is a suspect in a murder. Plays again later.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Four cake makers compete in a “Disney Classic Cakes” competition. Plays again later.
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane can’t control herself and ends up in jail for contempt of court. Plays again later.
Hung (HBO): New. Coach Ray gets selected to be the recipient of the schools fall fundraiser. Tanya may have some new prospects for Ray’s other burgeoning career. Plays again later.
Entourage (HBO): New. Turtle goes to Ari for advice about his future career direction and Eric is nervous about Charlie’s pilot. Plays again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Joan and Evan go up against each other in the post’s war games. Denise and Frank continue to try and work things out. Plays again later.
- Being Human (BBC America): Repeat. The season premiere episode from last night replays. Plays again later. Runs 75 minutes.
- Doctor Who (BBC America): New. The first of four special episode plays tonight and has the Doctor trapped on a planet without the TARDIS. Plays again later. Runs 75 minutes.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. A very adept killer is being investigated after a woman is murdered. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Chicago White Sox at the Detroit Tigers.
- TBS has MLB action early with the St Louis Cardinals at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Versus has Stage 21 coverage of the Tour de France, which plays multiple times.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Shot in the Dark,” replays.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Clean,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.