News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series fifth season premiere of The Bachelorette.
Over on cable, HBO has a The Yes Men Fix the World special, MTV has the series premiere of Making His Band, and VH1 has the third season finale of Charm School.
Look for posts about my Comic Con 2009 experience over the next week.
The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family): New. Amy is working and going to school for summer, while Ben is preparing for his trip. Plays again later.
The Closer (TNT): New. A man that was the suspect in the murder of two young girls is murdered and the squad investigates. The detective on the previous murder case comes out of retirement to help with the case. Plays again Saturday morning and next Monday before the next new episode. Last week’s episode, “Strike Three,” replays right before.
Weeds (Showtime): New. Nancy looks to Andy for help just as he is starting to get things going with Audra. Plays again later.
Nurse Jackie (Showtime): New. Jackie deals with a temp nurse that is taking drugs. Plays again later.
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Do Over,” replays. Last night’s episode of Army Wives, “Post and Prejudice,” replays right after.
Make It or Break It (ABC Family): New. Sasha thinks the girls need some competition to get them ready for nationals, so he sets up a meet with the Denver club. Plays again late night tomorrow.
Raising the Bar (TNT): New. “Trust Me.” Plays again later.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (ABC Family): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Won’t Get Fooled Again,” replays.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy check’s out some places that will remind you of “Mama’s Cookin.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Ruby & the Rockits (ABC Family): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. See how some favorite diner foods are made. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball with the Los Angeles Dodgers at the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Major Case,” replays.
- Royal Pains (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Crazy Love,” replays.
It was pointed out to me yesterday that I hadn’t mentioned what happened to the lists of TV marathons. I didn’t realize until I was already down here in San Diego for Comic Con that I didn’t have everything on my laptop that I have on my desktop back home, which made it difficult to create the lists. So, they will return as of tomorrow, as I return home today.