News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has a Ty’s Great British Adventure special followed by the series premiere of Defying Gravity and NBC has part two of The Storm miniseries.
Over on cable, ABC Family has the TV movie premiere of Legally Blondes, BBC America has the first season finale of How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?, Comedy Central has a Burned: The Roasts’ Most Outrageous Moments special, Discovery Channel has a Blood in the Water special, E! has the first season finale of Kendra, Food Network has the fifth season finale of The Next Food Network Star, MTV has a Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew special, and VH1 has the series premiere of Megan Wants a Millionaire.
Merlin (ABC): New. During Arthur’s coming-of-age ceremony a black knight shows up and challenges the knights of Camelot.
The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The final two compete to become the next Food Network star. Plays again later. The previous eight episodes replay leading up to tonight’s finale.
In Plain Sight (USA): New. A Wall Street type testifies and enters WITSEC, but something from his past comes back to bite him. Plays again later.
Ty’s Great British Adventure (Food Network): New Special. Ty Pennington goes to a small English village and helps renovate a the town’s historic park.
Defying Gravity (ABC): Series Premiere. A crew is set to embark on a six-year mission through the solar system, but the powers that be know something that the crew doesn’t. What is the secret? Why were they not told? Why are they on this mission? These and other questions are setup in the two-hour premiere to be answered. I really liked it and the mystery that is setup behind the mission. It left me wanting to know more about what is going on. It also setup many interesting dynamics between the characters. I will be continuing to keep up with this one each Sunday night.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Roxy gets one of her kids tested for a learning disability and Michael and Emmalin try to fix their relationship. Plays again later.
The Next Food Network StarThe Best Thing I Ever Ate (Food Network): New. Stars of the Food Network talk about the best “Pizza” they ever ate. A repeat about their favorite way to get a “Sugar Rush” follows. Both play again later.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane is working for Deb’s mother on her divorce. Plays again later.
- Entourage (HBO): New. Vince is looking for something to pass the time while his next film’s production is delayed. Plays again later.
- Hung (HBO): New. A client wants a repeat after claiming not to be satisfied with her experience. Plays again later.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. Goren and Eames investigate the murder of a model after a night of passion and drugs. Plays again later.
- ABC has coverage of the X Games.
- CBS and Golf Channel have final round coverage of the Buick Open.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Pennsylvania 500 and later has Sunday Night Baseball with the Los Angeles Dodgers at the Atlanta Braves.
- TBS has MLB action early with the Philadelphia Phillies at the San Francisco Giants.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Friends Like These,” replays.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Lesbos,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
A&E has 10 episodes of Gene Simmons Family Jewels.
ABC Family has Legally Blonde, Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, and the premiere of Legally Blondes.
BBC America has seven episodes of Skins.
Food Network has nine episodes of The Next Food Network Star.
MTV has nine episodes of Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew.
TLC has 11 episodes of Cake Boss.
Travel Channel has 26 episodes of Man v. Food.
truTV has six episodes of Most Daring.
USA has nine episodes of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.