News & Notes
Over on cable, Food Network has the series premiere of Chefs vs. City, History has a Sex in the Ancient World special, and USA has the eighth and final season premiere of Monk and the fourth season premiere of Psych.
Southland (NBC): Repeat. The “Mozambique” episode from this past season replays, where the officers are searching for the mother of an abandoned baby.
Eureka (Syfy): New. “If You Build It…,” well we’ll have to wait and see what happens. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, ” It’s Not Easy Being Green,” replays right before.
Psych (USA): Season Premiere. Cary Elwes guest stars as international art thief Despereux that Det. Lassiter has been after for many years and whom Shawn and Gus just happen to come across while on a ski trip to Whistler. The back and forth between Elwes and Roday is great, as Shawn has to match wits with this super thief. It was also fun to see Vancouver, B.C. be used in a show as the city itself and not doubling for some other place. I’m so happy this show is back. It’s definitely worth checking out.
Smallville (The CW): Repeat. In “Turbulence” from last season, Tess tries to get Clark reveal his powers with an elaborate scheme that includes an explosion.
Monk (USA): Season Premiere. After an attempt is made on the life of Monk’s favorite TV star, he ends up as her bodyguard. This was a fun start to this final season of the show. It’s probably time for it to go, but it surely will be missed.
Chefs vs. City (Food Network): Series Premiere. Two chefs take on a city in various foods related challenges. Plays again later.
- Mental (FOX): New. Jack is finally reunited with his sister after years of searching for her.
- Warehouse 13 (Syfy): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Elements,” replays.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. Stacy and Clinton try to help a woman update her wardrobe. Plays again later.
- ESPN has X Games coverage.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights with a junior middleweight bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
- Golf Channel has round two coverage of the WGC Bridgestone Invitational.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. This past Tuesday’s episode, “Carrot,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of A Haunting early.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.
Spike has 10 episodes of Spike’s Most Amazing Videos.
Syfy has eight episodes of Friday the 13th: The Series early.
USA has 11 episodes of Monk early.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ’90s.