News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has begins 11 nights of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and the series premiere of Shark Tank, CBS has the series premiere of There Goes the Neighborhood, and NBC has a Sunday Night Football preseason game and Merlin will be back next Sunday.
Over on cable, Comedy Central has a The Comedy Central Roast of Joan Rivers special, E! has a Kendra special, MTV has the fourth season premiere of Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew, Spike has the first season finale of Jesse James Is a Dead Man, USA has the eighth season finale of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and the second season finale of In Plain Sight, and VH1 has the second season finale of Brooke Knows Best.
In late night, IFC has the second season finale of Z Rock.
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (ABC): New. Regis is back for the 10th Anniversary of the series for an 11-night run that begins tonight.
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Deb comes to realize that while she was only 24 that Jane is about to turn 32. Plays again later.
In Plain Sight (USA): Season Finale. A political activist from Latin America is under the protection of WITSEC, but she wants to live in the bad part of town. Plays again later.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeats. The “In the Name of the Grandfather” and “Gone Maggie Gone” episodes from this past season replay.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Season Finale. Someone who thinks it is time for a populist uprising takes hostage a powerful banker. Plays again later.
Defying Gravity (ABC): New. Whatever the power on the mission that is driving the mission starts to create more problems. Things get intense for the crew on the ship and for those at mission control. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Roxy gets a surprise. Pamela is looking forward to Chase’s return. Joan is finding being deployed to be tougher than she expected. Plays again later.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Francois Kwaku-Dongo challenges Iron Chef Bobby Flay. Plays again later.
- Entourage (HBO): New. Vince and Drama are playing with Mark Wahlberg and Tom Brady in a charity golf tournament, but decide to up the ante a bit. Eric gets a job offer. Plays again later.
- Hung (HBO): New. Tanya finds out that someone is booking time with Ray without going through her and doesn’t like it much. Plays again later.
- CBS and Golf Channel have final round coverage of the WGC Bridgestone Invitational.
- ESPN has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at the Glen and later has Sunday Night Baseball with the Boston Red Sox at the New York Yankees.
- NBC has a Sunday Night Football preseason NFL game with the Buffalo Bills vs. the Tennessee Titans in the Hall of Fame Game.
- TBS has MLB action early with the Minnesota Twins at the Detroit Tigers.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s summer season finale episode, “Long Way Back,” replays.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Carrot,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
Discovery Channel has eight episodes of MythBusters.
MTV has nine episodes of Run’s House tonight.
Oxygen has eight episodes of America’s Got Talent.
Spike has nine episodes of DEA.
TLC has 10 episodes of I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Wild China.
USA has eight episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.