News & Notes
Tonight, NBC has the first season finale of The Philanthropist.
Over on cable, A&E has the fifth season premiere of Criss Angel: Mindfreak, Discovery Channel has the fourth season premiere of Man vs. Wild, Food Network has the seventh season premiere of Dinner: Impossible, HBO has the fifth season premiere of Hard Knocks, Syfy has the second summer season finale of Ghost Hunters International, TLC has the series premiere of Truth Be Told, and Travel Channel has the second season premiere of Man v. Food.
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): Repeat. In “A Decent Proposal” from this past season, Christine wants to marry Barb to keep her in the country.
Gary Unmarried (CBS): Repeat. In “Gary Breaks Up His Ex-Wife and Girlfriend” from this past season, Gary doesn’t want Allison and Vanessa to become friends.
Leverage (TNT): New. A reporter is claiming that a bus driver was responsible for the deaths of two students, but the team sets out to prove that she is wrong and put her in her place while doing so. Plays again later.
Dark Blue (TNT): New. The team is trying to find a kidnapped woman before it is too late, but things are complicated by the involvement of the FBI. Plays again later.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. In “The Double Death of the Dearly Departed” from this past season, Brennan is suspicious of a co-worker’s death and the team goes about examining his body during his funeral.
Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns (TBS): New. Two new episodes play. In the first, Cora has problems at her new teaching job. In the second, Brown thinks he may have found the one.
The Philanthropist (NBC): Season Finale. Teddy and Philip try to fix a food shortage in Haiti.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): Season Premiere. Robert is tasked with cooking for the ladies of Roller Derby. Plays again later.
- Michael & Michael Have Issues (Comedy Central): New. One of the Michaels seems to be not doing his share of the work. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball with the Philadelphia Phillies at the Chicago Cubs.
- 10 Things I Hate About You (ABC Family): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “You Can’t Always Get What You Want,” replays.
- Royal Pains (USA): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s episode, “It’s Like Jamals Vu All Over Again,” replays.
- Ruby & the Rockits (ABC Family): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “It’s My Party and I’ll Lie If I Want To,” replays.
Bravo has eight episodes of Top Chef Masters.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Overhaulin’.
History has five episodes of MonsterQuest that plays two times today.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike has seven hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
USA has 11 episodes of House followed by seven episodes of NCIS.