News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the third season premiere of Greek, has a preseason Monday Night Football game, HBO has a Youth Knows No Pain special, Oxygen has the first season finale of Dance Your Ass Off, Planet Green has an Emeril Green grilling special, Showtime has the fifth season finale of Weeds, and VH1 has the first season finale of The T.O. Show.
The Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family): New. Amy is jealous of her sister getting to have her own room in the garage. Plays again later two times.
Greek (ABC Family): Season Premiere. Rusty is trying to complete his chemistry project that he blew off for the party or risk being dropped from the Honors program. Plays again late night tomorrow. The show picks up the morning after where season two ended. This is a great episode, which gives you some funny moments, some what are they going to do moments, and something, well I don’t want to say anymore. If you love this show, you’ll love this episode. If you haven’t seen this show, what are you waiting for? It’s one of the most fun shows on TV right now.
Weeds (Showtime): Season Finale. Nancy finds out what has happened to Estaban. Dean, Doug and Celia come to an understanding. Plays again later.
The Closer (TNT): Repeat. The summer finale episode, “Waivers of Extradition,” from last Monday replays. The squad learns that a woman that was stabbed by a person in a ninja suit could be linked to a similar case in Texas. Season five begins replaying, with two episodes, following this episode. So, if you missed it the first time or want to see it again, you can catch two episodes each Monday.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. Charlie tries to take advantage of Alan and Chelsea’s budding friendship, in “Good Morning Mrs. Butterworth” from last season.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Sheldon actually approves of the woman Leonard has started dating, in “The White Asparagus Triangulation” from last season.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy visits places with dishes that you’ll find “Only at This Place.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Duty to Inform,” replays twice.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “My Old Kentucky Home,” replays. Plays again later.
- ESPN has preseason Monday Night Football with the Minnesota Vikings at the Houston Texans.
- ESPN2 has first round coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament all day.
- The Bill Engvall Show (TBS): Repeat. This past Saturday night’s episode, “United Front,” replays.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Mr. Monk Is Someone Else,” replays.
- Raising the Bar (TNT): Repeats. Season two begins replaying with two episodes in late night each Monday night.
- Royal Pains (USA): Repeat. Last Thursday’s season finale episode, “Wonderland,” replays.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of A Haunting.
MTV has seven episodes of True Life.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Dance Your Ass Off.
Syfy has eight episodes of The Outer Limits early.
Travel Channel has five episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations tonight.
USA has four James Bond movies starting early.