News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the first season finale of There Goes the Neighborhood, FOX has the series finale of King of the Hill, and NBC has the fourth season premiere of Football Night in America followed by the first Sunday Night Football game of the season.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has two Mega Beasts specials, HBO has the second season finale of True Blood and the first season finale of Hung, HGTV has the fourth season finale of HGTV Design Star, MTV has the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards special, and WE has the second season finale of Amazing Wedding Cakes.
Premiering next Sunday, HBO has Curb Your Enthusiasm and Bored to Death.
King of the Hill (FOX): Series Finale. Two episodes play. In the first, a few girls are considering Bobby as a potential date for the homecoming dance. In the second, Bobby seems to have a knack for identifying cuts of beef.
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): New. Jane is disgusted when a fashion boutique refuses to carry plus size clothing. Grayson takes on the case of the daughter of an old friend. Plays again later two times.
Mad Men (AMC): New. Don and Betty have to deal with Sally. Pete may have found a new business angle. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode from last Thursday replays. This is the best of The CW’s three new shows this fall, but that isn’t really a huge complement. Almost 5 million people watched this episode last Tuesday, so it will be interesting to see how many it holds onto this week.
Melrose Place (The CW): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode from last Tuesday replays. The best I can say about this episode is that it’s better than the second one.
Defying Gravity (ABC): New. A solar flare could put the crew in danger. The mysterious force in Pod 4 sends out an irresistible siren call. This is the best show that nobody is watching.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Pamela finally finds out where Chase is. Denise begins her EMT training. Roxy decides whether she is going to have a baby with Trevor. Plays again later.
- Challenge (Food Network): New. Mmm, Pie! See who won the National Pie Baking Championships. Plays again later.
- Entourage (HBO): New. Lloyd gets a job offer from Adam Davies. Drama follows a possible lead on his brother’s stalker. Ashley is suspicious about Eric. Plays again later.
- Hung (HBO): Season Finale. Tanya is in a battle with Lenore over Ray. Ray has surprise waiting for him at home. Plays again later.
- CBS has NFL action followed by coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the New York Mets at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- ESPN2 has U.S. Open tennis coverage followed by WNBA action with the Los Angeles Sparks at the Phoenix Mercury.
- FOX has NFL action.
- NBC has final round coverage of the BMW Championship golf tournament and later Sunday Night Football with the Chicago Bears at the Green Bay Packers.
- TBS has MLB action early with the Los Angeles Dodgers at the San Francisco Giants.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. The season two episode, “Breakage,” replays.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. The second season premiere episode, “Albification,” replays. Runs 68 minutes.
Spike has 14 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
TLC has five episodes of Untold Stories of the E.R.
TNT has The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
USA has 12 episodes of NCIS.
VH1 has five episodes of Real Chance at Love.