News & Notes
Over on cable, ABC Family has the fourth season premiere of Lincoln Heights, ESPN has the 40th season premiere of Monday Night Football, Travel Channel has the fifth season finale of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, and VH1 has the series premiere of Eddie Griffin: Going for Broke.
Premiering next Monday, ABC has Dancing With the Stars and Castle, CBS has How I Met Your Mother, Accidentally on Purpose, Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory and CSI: Miami, FOX has House, and NBC has Heroes.
One Tree Hill (The CW): Season Premiere. Nathan’s career is threatened by a shocking accusation. Brooke is getting ready to release her new clothing line. Haley’s sister comes to visit.
Greek (ABC Family): New. There is a duel between the final two players in the Gotcha Game. Cassie is trying to keep the Undie Run from being canceled. Plays again late night tomorrow. The finale of the Gotcha Game brings with it some really funny moments. This third season is off to a really great start, as tonight’s episode is another really good one.
Durham County (ION): New. Mike has to deal with the death of his secret lover after her body is found in the lake. Stars Hugh Dillon (Flashpoint). Plays twice.
Lincoln Heights (ABC Family): Season Premiere. The police think that Charles’ stepfather’s death was not an accident. The earthquake brought with it financial problems for Eddie and Jenn. Plays again later.
Gossip Girl (The CW): Season Premiere. Blair and Chuck are trying to get used to being a couple. Serena comes back from Europe with a complicated relationship (what are the odds of that?). Rufus, Jenny and Dan are adjusting to the van der Woodsens’ lifestyle.
The Jay Leno Show (NBC): Series Premiere. This is probably the last time this will appear in the picks, but it is probably worth checking out just to see what the format of the show is really going to be. And, if he really is going to feature a lot of upcoming comics as the shows goes on, maybe it will appear again. But, Castle on ABC is going to be a better option in this time period, once it premieres next week. His guests are Jerry Seinfeld and Jay-Z, among others tonight.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Need to Know Basis,” replays.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. The season two finale, “The Monopolar Expedition,” replays. Season three premieres next week.
- Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Dress,” replays.
- House (FOX): Repeats. The last two episodes of season five, “Under My Skin” and “Both Sides Now,” replay. Season six premieres next week.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeats. The last two episodes of season four, “As Fast As She Can” and “The Leap,” replay. Season five premieres next week.
- Mad Me (AMC): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Fog,” replays. Plays gain later.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. See how some of your favorite foods from the freezer are made. A repeat episode about “Fun Drinks” follows. Both play again later.
- ESPN has doubleheader Monday Night Football with the Buffalo Bills at the New England Patriots followed by the San Diego Chargers at the Oakland Raiders.
- ESPN2 (or ESPN) has coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament due to the weather over the weekend.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Mr. Monk Takes the Stand,” replays.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of A Haunting.
Oxygen has 17 episodes of Roseanne.
Spike has eight hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has eight episodes of Tru Calling.
USA has 11 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent early.