News & Notes
Over on cable, Animal Planet has a Werewolves: The Dark Survivors special, History has a MonsterQuest special, MTV has the first season finale of P. Diddy’s Starmaker, and VH1 has the first season finale of My Antonio.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Four cake artists compete in a “Horror Cakes” competition. Plays again later.
Dexter (Showtime): New. Dexter is looking into the Trinity Killer. Rita is starting to realize that she doesn’t really know anything about her husband. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
Mad Men (AMC): New. A past client is back. Betty takes the kids on a trip. Joan and Greg are planning out their future. Runs 62 minutes. Plays twice and again later.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. The teams are racing and one gets sent home after losing this leg.
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): New. Larry and Jerry are talking about putting something that recently happened to Larry into the reunion show. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Everyone but Nora likes Sarah’s new lover. Robert is trying to be Kitty’s distraction. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Californication (Showtime): New. Hank is spending the weekend with an old friend. Things aren’t all rosy for Charlie and Marcy. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Cold Case (CBS): New. A musician murdered in the 1970s has the case reopened by the squad. This is the episode that was scheduled to play last week, but was pulled due to an extra long football overrun.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Gaby is out to show she is a responsible parent. Katherine and Susan get into it. Runs 61 minutes.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef David Walzog takes on Iron Chef Cat Cora. Plays again later.
- The Next Iron Chef (Food Network): New. The remaining contestants compete to show their “Adaptability.” Plays again later.
- ABC has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: TUMS Fast Relief 500.
- CBS has NFL action.
- FOX has NFL action and then Game 6 coverage of the American League Championship Series, which was postponed due to rain yesterday.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the Arizona Cardinals at the New York Giants.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. The season two episode, “Mandala,” replays.
- House (USA): Repeat. The “Instant Karma” episode from a couple weeks ago on FOX replays.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Enigma,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
- Psych (USA): Repeats. Four episodes replay that all have a Halloween/spooky bent to them. “Let’s Get Hairy,” “Ghosts,” “Scarry Sherry 2: Bianca’s Toast,” and “Who Ya Gonna Call?”
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Gilead,” replays. Runs 64 minutes.
BBC America has all six first season episodes of Being Human.
MTV has eight episodes of World’s Strictest Parents.
Oxygen has five episodes of The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Spike has 11 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Syfy has the three-part six-hour Stephen King’s Rose Red miniseries.
TLC has 12 episodes of Cake Boss.
Travel Channel has 28 episodes of Man v. Food.
USA has five episodes of House tonight.