News & Notes
On cable tonight, Bravo has a The Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion special, Food Network has the seventh season finale of Ace of Cakes, FX has the series premiere of The League, and History has two UFO Hunters specials.
I’m scheduled to be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac today at about 4:00 p.m. PT. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and runs two hours. You can listen live or find it at later on.
On Episode 48, “Amrie Plays Peacemaker?,” of the TV times Three podcast, Amrie, Rae and I talk about some TV related news items and have a lengthy discussion covering some 15 shows.
FlashForward (ABC): New. Mark, Demetri and Weddeck are trying to find a connection between the attack on them and the attack on Janis. Olivia asks Mark about what he saw. Dylan is missing from the hospital.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. A lab tech with an inoperable tumor wants Derrick to operate on him anyway. Derrick challenges Richard’s authority to do so. Runs 61 minutes.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. Witnesses to a wealthy man’s murder claim it was a ghost that is haunting his mansion that is to blame. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Stefan is attempting to help Vicki deal with the changes she is experiencing. Damon is shocked by Bonnie’s abilities. Matt takes Vicki to the school’s haunted house to try and cheer her up.
The Office (NBC): New. The office is putting together a haunted house for kids in the area.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Jack and Liz have gone to Kenneth’s hometown on a talent search. Tracy fears he may be the third celebrity to die. Jenna is trying to make friends with the writers.
Private Practice (ABC): New. Violet is supposed to testify against the woman that attacked her. Charlotte wants in at Oceanside Wellness Group. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. Duff and the gang build another Harry Potter cake, as well as one for the Ghost Girl novel. Plays again later.
- American Chopper (TLC): New. Paul Sr. and his sons call a truce to appear on Larry King Live. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
- Community (NBC): New. Jeff must choose between Annie’s party and a hot date that are on the same day.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. A whole football team falls under suspicion when a popular coach is found dead.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. The “Cora vs. Walzog” battle from this past Sunday replays. Plays again later.
- The League (FX): Series Premiere. Five guys are preparing to draft their fantasy football teams. Some are married. Some are single. Plays again later. Was hoping this was going to be good, but it wasn’t. Got a couple of mild chuckles out of the first two episodes. Mostly, it’s just being crude or outrageous without being funny. Some of it was just downright disgusting and offensive. Only reason I’m even mentioning it here, is so you know what to expect, should you for some reason decide to watch it.
- Supernatural (The CW): New. Dean and Sam find out about a witch that is hosting a poker game where you bet years of your life against money.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with North Carolina at Virginia Tech.
- FOX has Game 2 of the MLB World Series.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the San Antonio Spurs at the Chicago Bulls followed by the Denver Nuggets at the Portland Trail Blazers.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s series premiere episode, “Pilot,” replays. Runs 90 minutes.
Bravo has 14 episodes of The Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Wrecks to Riches.
MTV has eight episodes of Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew.
Oxygen has Snapped episodes all day.