News & Notes
On cable tonight, ABC Family has the third season fall finale of Greek, History has a Strange Rituals special, Science has the first season finale of Popular Science’s Future Of…, Showtime has a Poliwood special, TLC has the second season premiere of Cake Boss, and VH1 has the second season premieres of For the Love of Ray J and I Want to Work for Diddy.
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): New. Barney being a know-it-all has got Robin annoyed with him. Marshal and Lily have relationship advice.
Accidentally On Purpose (CBS): New. Billy and Zach get into their first big fight.
Greek (ABC Family): Fall Finale. Rusty and Dale are getting into it over their projects. Casey and Ashleigh are attempting to raise ZBZ’s status with a musical dance number for a competition. Plays again late night tomorrow. If you like big musical dance numbers, then you’re going to like this episode. It has plenty of fun moments and a big musical dance number. Makes for a solid ending to the first half of what has been an outstanding season so far. The series returns with new episodes on January 25th and will follow new episodes of The Secret Life of the American Teenager and Make It or Break It.
Castle (ABC): New. A rock star on the come is found dead in what looks to be a scene from her recent video shoot. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 58 minutes.
One Tree Hill (The CW): New. Julian doesn’t feel he really fits in with the guys when they all go camping. Brooke and Haley have a girls’ night.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Charlie sends Alan packing after he suggests that Chelsea think about a breast reduction. Runs 31 minutes.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon is teaching Leonard how to understand football. Starts a minute after the half hour and runs 29 minutes.
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. The team attempts to re-create what happened at a bachelor party to solve a murder.
- Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy checks out some places that serve “Family Style.” A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. Alton prepares some trout grown at a trout farm. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): New. Olivia says something on The Jimmy Fallon Show and tries to keep Dan from hearing it. Blair tries to use a new friend to make Serena jealous.
- Lincoln Heights (ABC Family): New. Cassie gets invited by her aunt to spend her birthday in New York City. Plays again later.
- Rita Rocks (AMC): New. Two new episodes play. They play again next week before the next two new episodes.
- Trauma (NBC): New. Rabbit’s reaction to a patient comes as a surprise. NBC has decided to cancel this show, but intends to air the rest of the 13 episodes that were ordered.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. See how your favorite “Fresh Baked” foods are made. A repeat episode follows. Both play again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Football with the Atlanta Falcons at the New Orleans Saints.
- FOX has Game 5 coverage of the MLB World Series.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “The Gypsy and the Hobo,” replays following a replay of the episode from the week before. Both play again later.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Mr. Monk and the Dog,” replays.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Threads,” replays. Plays again later.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of It Takes a Thief.
Oxygen has 14 episodes of Living Single.
Syfy has the first 11 episodes of the 1984 V TV series. The remaining eight episodes play tomorrow before the V miniseries plays again.
TLC has 10 episodes of Cake Boss.
Travel Channel has six episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations.
USA has eight episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent.