News & Notes
Over on cable, AMC has the third season finale of Mad Men, Comedy Central has a Gabriel Iglesias: I’m Not Fat…I’m Fluffy comedy special, Discovery Channel has a Surviving 2012 special, Syfy has a 2012: Startling New Secrets special, TLC has a Kidnapped for 18 Years: The Jaycee Dugard Story special and a Out of the Wreckage: Plane Crash Survivors special, and VH1 has the second season finale of Tool Academy.
In late night, HGTV has the second season finale of The Property Shop.
In syndication, the second season of Legend of the Seeker premieres this weekend. Find out when and where it’s playing in your area.
The Amazing Race (CBS): New. Teams deal with roadblocks and speed bumps.
Dexter (Showtime): New. Dexter tries to find a balance between family, work, and his dark passenger. Debra returns to learning more about her father. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
Mad Men (AMC): New. Don meets with Connie. Someone gives Betty advice. Pete has some client meetings. Plays twice and again later.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Four cake designers make a cake for a mystery birthday guest. Plays again later.
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): New. Larry deals with his feminine side. Cheryl is competing for the role on the Seinfeld reunion. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Kitty deals with the realities of her illness and its treatment. Nora makes a new friend. Scotty’s father comes for a visit. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- Californication (Showtime): New. Hank is trying to make things right with Karen. Becca gets into it with her father. Charlie attempts to keep a client for his boss. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Cold Case (CBS): New. The squad investigates the murder of a jockey that went missing right after losing what he had planned to be his final race.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Susan starts to think that maybe it was Katherine that attacked her daughter. Lynette has her own suspect for who might have attacked Julie. Runs 61 minutes.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Charles Phan takes on Iron Chef Cat Cora. Plays again later.
- The Next Iron Chef (Food Network): New. The four remaining contestants compete in Japan. Plays again later.
- ABC has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Dickies 500.
- CBS has NFL action.
- ESPN has college football action with Nevada at San Jose State.
- FOX has NFL action.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the Dallas Cowboys at the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. The season two episode, “ABQ,” replays.
- House (USA): Repeat. This season’s two-hour premiere episode, “Broken,” replays.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Jenny Juggs,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Fa Guan,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
ABC Family has The Prince & Me, The Prince & Me 2: The Royal Wedding, and The Prince & Me 3: Holiday Honeymoon.
Animal Planet has five episodes of Dogs 101.
History has 10 episodes of The States.
Spike has 15 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
TLC has 10 episodes of Dateline: Real Life Mysteries.
TNT has The Librarian: Quest for the Spear, The Librarian: Return to King Solomon’s Mines, and The Librarian: Curse of the Judas Chalice.
USA has five episodes of House tonight.