News & Notes
On cable tonight, AMC has the miniseries premiere of The Prisoner, BET has a Heart of the City, Biography has a >Three Foot Giant special, History has the series premiere of WWII in HD, Science has a Aliens of the special, TLC has a Conjoined Twins: After Separation special and a Joined for Life special, and VH1 has the second season premiere of Tough Love.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Marge and her friends decide to pose for calendar pictures for charity and her pictures become the talk of the town. Runs 30 minutes.
Dexter (Showtime): New. Dexter continues to question the code his father taught him while taking a road trip with Trinity. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. The new Ojai wine is submitted to a local festival. Justin and Rebecca are keeping big secrets from each other. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Four families compete in a Thanksgiving dinner competition. Plays again later.
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): New. A text messaging 9-year-old is getting under the skin of Larry. Jerry makes friends with Marty Funkhauser. Runs 60 minutes. Plays twice.
Californication (Showtime): New. A night of anything goes becomes an epic showdown. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Cold Case (CBS): New. A young foster child that was becoming quite the rapper was murdered in 1991 and the squad reopens the case.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Lynette is finding it harder and harder to hide her pregnancy. Gaby sets out to get Juanita into Catholic school. Runs 61 minutes.
- The Next Iron Chef (Food Network): New. The “Integrity” of the remaining three chefs is measured. Plays again later.
- The Prisoner (AMC): Miniseries Premiere. Jim Caviezel (The Passion of the Christ) stars in this remake of the 1960’s series as a man known only as Number Six that wakes up to find that he is trapped in “The Village” and has no memory of how he got there or where there is. Runs two hours. Plays twice and again tomorrow before the next two hours of the miniseries, as the next four hours of this six-part miniseries plays over the next two days. I haven’t seen it, but the consensus seems to be that it is somewhat worth watching, but is slow going and not as good as the original. Get the original The Prisoner: The Complete Series [Blu-ray].
- ABC has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Check O’Reilly Auto Parts 500.
- CBS has NFL action.
- ESPN has college football action with East Carolina at Tulsa.
- FOX has NFL action.
- NBA TV has the Los Angeles Clippers at the team that shall not be named.
- NBC has Sunday Night Football with the New England Patriots at the Indianapolis Colts.
- nip/tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Abigail Sulivan,” replays. Runs 61 minutes.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Balm,” replays. Runs 90 minutes.
- White Collar (USA): Repeats. The 90-minute “Pilot” replays two times and last Friday’s episode, “Flip of the Coin,” also replays.
AMC has The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, and The Matrix Revolutions.
Animal Planet has nine episodes of Untamed and Uncut.
Oxygen has 11 episodes of Snapped tonight.
Spike has 15 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episodes.
Travel Channel has 10 episodes of Extreme….
truTV has six episodes of Top 20 Most Shocking.