News & Notes
Tonight, MyNetworkTV has the 2009 World Magic Awards.
Over on cable, HBO has a Terror in Mumbai special, History has the first season finale of WWII in HD, Lifetime has the sixth season finale of Project Runway, TLC has the second season finale of Street Customs and a Family Armor special, and VH1 has a Top 20 Celebs Gone Good special.
In late night, Lifetime has the first season finale of Models of the Runway and TBS has the series premiere of The Very Funny Show.
I’m scheduled to be on TV Talk with Shaun OMac today at about 4:00 p.m. PT. The show starts at 3:00 p.m. PT and runs two hours. You can listen live or find it at iTunes later on.
FlashForward (ABC): New. Bryce decides to try and find the woman from his flashforward. Aaron isn’t sure what to make of Tracy’s weird behavior. The team is looking into who it was that called Demetri to warn him about his future.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Miranda’s father comes for a visit and doesn’t care for the choices she has made in life. Mark deals with a woman from his past. Thatcher is wondering about the Chief’s recent behavior. Runs 61 minutes.
The Mentalist (CBS): New. A violent crime takes place in the CBI office and they are investigating, even though it looks like Red John is behind it.
The Vampire Diaries (The CW): New. Damon and Stefan deal with a new vampire that has come to town. Elena finds out something shocking. This is the last new episode of the year. There won’t be new episodes until January. But, if you missed any of the first 10, The CW is replaying them beginning Monday, December 14th. They will replay the season two episodes a night for the entire week.
Fringe (FOX): New. A kidnapping leads the team to investigate the person known only as the Observer. Walter seems to have an insatiable appetite when it comes to milkshakes.
Private Practice (ABC): New. Addison’s father comes for a visit and things don’t go well. Cooper gets arrested when he won’t divulge the location of a longtime patient. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 59 minutes.
- 30 Rock (NBC): New. When Liz finds out her apartment building is going condo, she has to make some big changes in her life. Kenneth wants to make the show greener. Runs 30 minutes.
- American Chopper (TLC): New. The guys build a bike for Chicago White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays right before.
- Bones (FOX): New. Booth’s grandfather is tagging along on a case, as they investigate remains found by a real estate agent in the middle of showing a property.
- Community (NBC): New. Senor Chang is requiring too much homework, so the gang thinks Jeff should talk to him. Troy and Abed have some problems in their biology lab. Runs 30 minutes.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. Evidence is found during a bowling tournament that have the CSIs investigating a murder at a bowling alley.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): New. Dennis reveals his foolproof system for picking up women. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- The Office (NBC): New. Michael has Andy, Dwight and Oscar tag along when David Wallace invites him to New York for the shareholders meeting. Meanwhile, Jim attempts to get Ryan to do some actual work. Runs 30 Minutes.
- Supernatural (The CW): New. Dean, Sam and Castiel are on a mission to find Lucifer and send him back to hell.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Colorado at Oklahoma State.
- ESPN2 has college basketball action all day.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Phoenix Suns at the New Orleans Hornets followed by the Chicago Bulls at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- White Collar (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Flip of the Coin,” replays.
Bravo has seven episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of Overhaulin’.
History has 15 hours of WWII in HD episodes.
Lifetime has 14 episodes of Project Runway.
Oxygen has episodes of Snapped all day.
Syfy has seven episodes of First Wave early.
USA has seven episodes of NCIS.